AT&T Mobile seriously going downhill

3,613 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chris98
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or maybe has already hit the bottom. I don't know

Ive had the same # and been exclusively with AT&T since 1992 when it got billed by SW Bell

Coverage is now worse than it was even a few years ago. Even locally, in BCS, there areplaces that a 12-15 ft dip in the road results in a dropped call. Traditions is zero to MAYBE two bars. Souty CS has several dead areas. It's ridiculous and unnecessary as evidenced by the simple fact that many/most of thise areas worked fine a few years ago. It's definitely getting worse over time.

Is Verizon or any of the other major brands any better locally or state-wide? I'm in Colorado and New Mexico on business very regularly, and its going south in those areas as well. Locals there (many that I asked) switched to Verizon to get coverage back. A few went to TMobile or Sprint
I have been with Sprint for 15 years and coverage is great and the price is fantastic
saltydog13
AG
The amount of people here continue to grow so I'd assume the network is getting congested. No issues for me and I'm west of town. Regarding statewide, AT&T is more reliable than Verizon once you get out west into the hill country.
techno-ag
AG
Verizon owns this area.
ratfacemcdougal
I live in north Bryan and can only get internet service in 1 room in my house from Sprint. They tried giving me a magic box and it could not connect. Sprint mostly sucks but I am only paying 30/month. I don't know if the service is going to get any better when the T-Mobile / Sprint buyout is complete.
Stupe
S
Even at Kyle, I've rarely had issues with Verizon.
befitter
The only issues I have with ATT is at the light at Greens Prairie Trail and Wellborn. My brother has T-Mobile living in Colorado and can barely use his phone when he's in Texas. I'll stick with ATT.
SARATOGA
Started with Cingular in 2003 and then became AT&T with grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Just got sick and tired of sitting on my couch at home and have zero bars/no service; can't even send texts.

Switched to Verizon. Better service out of town (my house), but spottier service in town (occasionally 3G), but also never miss text messages on group threads where you'd just be kicked off grid.

So Verizon is better now. But everybody needs more towers/satellites and less people.
EMY92
AG
I have T Mobile, I switched from ATT 2 years ago.

TM is much better in the cities/suburbs than ATT. I get 5-10x the data speeds on TM than I ever got with ATT.

However, ATT is much better in rural areas than TM.

That said, I pay 1/3 of what I used to with ATT, so I can live with the poor service in the rural areas as I do not need service in those areas more than a couple of times per year.
JMac03
AG
AT&T has been great for me for years (I tried T-Mobile for 6 months about 3 years ago and moved back). I started having a few AT&T issues the day the students came back this August. Just a pure over saturation issue I assume.
Ajollyag
Building a house out near steephollow and there isnt any signal out past copperfield on the ATT network. Had to switch to verizon. Havent had a dropped call anywhere in BCS now.
TRIPLE 7
AG
I live just east of the bypass. I'vecomplained about poor cell service to ATT.

Yes, they agree, you have bad cell coverage & no we won't do anything about it!!!??
Aggieangler93
AG
Had Sprint, but could rarely get a signal on campus, where my daughter was living in her dorm. Switched to ATT. That seems to be much better.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
JP76
TRIPLE 7 said:

I live just east of the bypass. I'vecomplained about poor cell service to ATT.

Yes, they agree, you have bad cell coverage & no we won't do anything about it!!!??

Something's changed with AT&T on the east side of Bryan in the last 2 years. I used to have decent signal around copeprfield , central baptist and forest lakes area and now that isn't the case anymore.
Chris98
AG
Its amazing that you can drive through New Mexico, with no sign of life for 100 mi, and have full service, but I cant make a phone call from my house (Steep Hollow area) to my shop (Elmo Weedon area)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.