Anyone a member of Tru Fit?

2,969 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheOC16
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you are a member of Tru Fit can you go to any Tru Fit in the area?
Mad Men
AG
You can buy a membership that gets you access to all campuses for more money
AggieAdvisor16
AG
There are different levels of membership and some of them allow you to use any of the facilities. I think the price is pretty reasonable. I mainly use the new one on Texas in the early mornings and it isn't too crowded. Pec deck/rear delt fly is typically the only machine I ever have to wait for.
AggieBarstool
j.will16 said:

There are different levels of membership and some of them allow you to use any of the facilities. I think the price is pretty reasonable. I mainly use the new one on Texas in the early mornings and it isn't too crowded. Pec deck/rear delt fly is typically the only machine I ever have to wait for.

This is correct. I think their single gym fee is $9.99/mo. and "all" access is $29.99.
TheOC16
AG
I go, and I love it. I believe current prices are $25/month for all locations or $10/month and a $200 sign up fee. $10 a month if you just want to use one.

I use the one on Texas ave. Very nice, just as nice as most Gold's but much cheaper. Doesn't have any kind of extras there (sauna, pool), but the Villa Maria location has those. Villa Maria is good too, the equipment and decor is just not as new/nice. But plenty good to get a workout in, and they may even have more equipment.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I had a Gold's membership many years ago and have visited PF as a guest. IMO Trufit is the best bang for your buck in this town.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Wife and I split our time between here and the RGV. Each have had the $29 level membership for 2 yrs maybe. We can use any TruFit anywhere in the USA.

BrandoC
AG
How is the Longmire location?
TheOC16
AG
BrandoC said:

How is the Longmire location?
I have only been there once and it was well over a year ago. No idea what kind of changes/renovations they've made since then.

It's connected to some sort of medical facility, so it seemed like it's more geared towards rehab (a lot of older people were there when I went). I.e. lots of treadmills and ellipticals, not as many free weight stations. But still some. There was also a small back room that seemed kind of geared to CrossFit type stuff. I believe this is where they also have the heated whirlpools, so again, that fits my rehab theme.

If you're wanting to do heavy powerlifting type stuff (deadlift, squat, etc), Texas Ave would be your best bet, then Villa Maria. Texas Ave has eight powerlifting racks plus four additional squat racks (not suited to deadlift but good for pretty much anything else) that are never full. If you're just wanting to do some cardio or workout on the machines or with dumbbells, then the Longmire location should be just fine. And who knows, they could have updated since the time I went a while back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.