Where will BCS's Next Boom Area Be?

3,708 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We all know South College Station is the current "it" area, but what area in the Bryan-College Station Metro do you guys see becoming the new "it" area?

I'm sure South College Station will continue to prosper well into the future, but Brazos County has plenty of other areas where I could see major growth.

Retail, Restaurants, Hotels, Housing, Offices, Entertainment, Etc.

Will it be:
East College Station?
West College Station?
East Bryan?
West Bryan?
North Bryan?
Another area?
Or more than one area?

AggieBaseball06
AG
West B/CS... With the build up of the Rellis campus, you'll start to see businesses pop up to serve the folks out that way. More housing well develop as well as some hotels for guests visiting that campus. By 2030-2035, the airport will be in the center of town.
studioone
hearne... It's the next best thing...
rsa
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

West B/CS... With the build up of the Rellis campus, you'll start to see businesses pop up to serve the folks out that way. More housing well develop as well as some hotels for guests visiting that campus. By 2030-2035, the airport will be in the center of town.
West. I also expect to growth along FM 60 toward Snook, and along FM 50 between FM 60 and Hwy 21. TxDOT's having widened FM 60 to 4 lanes and the relatively low cost of land in the area should be a draw for new development.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Agree - with the UP rail yard bringing around 500 jobs to Mumford area along 50, I expect the stretch between there and Rellis to develop with both residential and retail.
australopithecus robustus
I expect the the gentrification of central CS between George bush and SW pkwy to accelerate greatly.
saltydog13
AG
Not west. 60 is bad enough as it is with the truck traffic and folks clogging up the lanes going 10 under the speed limit.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Will it be:
East College Station?
West College Station?
East Bryan?
West Bryan?
North Bryan?
Another area?

Yes
GSS
rsa said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

West. I also expect to growth along FM 60 toward Snook, and along FM 50 between FM 60 and Hwy 21. TxDOT's having widened FM 60 to 4 lanes and the relatively low cost of land in the area should be a draw for new development.
I guess that depends on your version of "low cost land". We have seen Snook area land priced (and sold) for $11-12k/acre, for raw land (needing electricity and water).

Maybe the flat farmland still goes for less, but that's not as marketable to development.
EliteElectric
11-12k per acre isn't much for commercial land and you can subdivide and put 3-4 homes on an acre
saltydog13
AG
With these more frequent floods we've been having, I would never build a house on the farmlands along 60 and near the river bottom. It looks like one giant lake and that's happened 3 times now in only a couple years.
TKDMom
$11K-12K per acre is pretty cheap compared to what we're paying inside BCS.
TexasAggie_02
AG
there's a truck stop planned at the corner of 50 and 21 in Burleson county. I fully expect that intersection to become a charlie foxtrot.
GSS
Zero infrastructure in the hinterlands. Makes development more challenging.

CoB can't even provide services to many of their annexed areas. Brazos bottom even fewer options.
rocketscience
AG
I can easily see intense mixed use development along Riverside Parkway and Raymond Stotzer between main campus, RELLIS, Easterwood and the Health Science Center. Research Park is supposed to grow exponentially, the Health Science Center has a massive teaching hospital complex in its master plan as well as many more academic and research buildings, things may or may not happen with the Biocorridor, and RELLIS has an almost ridiculous amount of planned and proposed academic and research buildings. These will all almost undoubtedly spur restaurant, hotel, retail, and residential growth along 47, especially with the increase in traffic from RELLIS to the main campus area.
Post removed:
by user
lost my dog
I want to see what happens to RELLIS after Sharp retires.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Amateur real estate speculator here. I would say Greens Prairie Road E. to Hwy 30, then over toward Iola.
Bryanisbest
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Amateur real estate speculator here. I would say Greens Prairie Road E. to Hwy 30, then over toward Iola.

Isn't all of this area beyond Hwy 30 toward Iola in the BISD?
techno-ag
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Buford T. Justice said:

Isn't all of this area beyond Hwy 30 toward Iola in the BISD?
All the way to the Navasota River.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.