Aggieland
Sponsored By

What happened to Mike Wright?

Clucky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard he's gone, any insight?
trouble
AG
He's apparently resigned.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/kbtx-tv-general-manager-mike-wright-resigns/article_bde01038-dd36-5853-96d0-3e53677d4a40.html
Clucky
Seems fishy.
techno-ag
AG
Going to miss the Wright Response. Always well stated on his reasoning.
A deliberate and determined effort to obstruct everything, no matter what the merits, just to re-fight the result of an election is not normal, and for the sake of future generations, we can't let it become normal.

-Barak 0bama
trouble
AG
I'm going to miss him in general. He's been at kbtx since before I first moved here.
carpe vinum
AG
I just heard him talking a week or so ago about how happy he was, but we wasn't digging Waco much.
I can't blame anyone that doesn't want any part of that craphole.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Waco sucks.
Clucky
But nothing on KBTX about it, no comment in The Eagle article, no farewell?? People in positions like that dont just quietly step down out of the blue for no reason.
UmustBKidding
I fully expect it's something like he is taking a position at tamu or connected media company thats not public than another metoo announcement, but these days you don't know.
Not going to add the why not both gif.
jimmyb
techno-ag said:

Going to miss the Wright Response. Always well stated on his reasoning.
Yes, even when dealing with the less receptive.
woodiewood1
Maybe nothing happened. Sometimes in life you want to make a change. I left A&m after 25 years to pursue other directions.
Stupe
S
I don't mean this to be rude, but unless a person is a public face for the school, the general public isn't going to notice when they leave.

He's been a huge public figure for a long time, so a non-farewell departure is curious.
saray
AG
Stupe said:

I don't mean this to be rude, but unless a person is a public face for the school, the general public isn't going to notice when they leave.

He's been a huge public figure for a long time, so a non-farewell departure is curious.
There will be no farewell from the station since he is probably going to work for a competitor. That's why the abrupt departure.
bcstx06
saray said:

Stupe said:

There will be no farewell from the station since he is probably going to work for a competitor. That's why the abrupt departure.
There is only one competitor in town and that is KAGS.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
And, that would mean reuniting with Bob French. Ain't gonna happen.
UmustBKidding
agrab86
AG
Mr. Wright has never been shy about coming on this forum to express his views, but so far nothing but crickets.

I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's curious to me that he resigned rather than retired. If he's had a 45 year career then surely it would be okay to retire from full-time and keep doing the side-gigs he has.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Those of you mentioning retirement are grossly overestimating the earnings potential in the broadcast industry. Plus, Mike isn't that old.
slyck91
AG
Ok... lets stop this rumor mill here and now regarding KAMU and Waynes retiring. Umustbekidding.... you think you know the inside on KAMU.... but you dont. So stop posting about things that are in no way true Wayne is definitely NOT thinking... NOT considering...NOT wanting to retire.... now OR in the near future. Let this be known. So just move along
saray
AG
slyck91 said:

Ok... lets stop this rumor mill here and now regarding KAMU and Waynes retiring. Umustbekidding.... you think you know the inside on KAMU.... but you dont. So stop posting about things that are in no way true Wayne is definitely NOT thinking... NOT considering...NOT wanting to retire.... now OR in the near future. Let this be known. So just move along

Huh? Translate please.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I don't think you know the "inside on KAMU" either. Do you know the inside on anything else?
aggiepaintrain
AG
not sure I can go on not knowing

Tailgate88
AG
slyck91 said:

slyck91

Rookie
STATS
Total Posts

Welcome to TexAgs!
Clucky
Just found this on the googles:
https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/10/8/gone-in-waco

agrab86
AG
Clucky said:

Kind of reminds me of when Steve Fullhart left. He was in the middle of a week reporting on the Leg from Austin then he gone. Nashville is a bit like Austin, music industry, state capital of a state that starts with T, universities, etc. Wonder if the same thing happened to Mike that happened to Steve. We'll probabably never know about either, but Steve seems to be doing well now.
techno-ag
AG
agrab86 said:

Clucky said:

Kind of reminds me of when Steve Fullhart left. He was in the middle of a week reporting on the Leg from Austin then he gone. Nashville is a bit like Austin, music industry, state capital of a state that starts with T, universities, etc. Wonder if the same thing happened to Mike that happened to Steve. We'll probabably never know about either, but Steve seems to be doing well now.
What's Steve doing?
A deliberate and determined effort to obstruct everything, no matter what the merits, just to re-fight the result of an election is not normal, and for the sake of future generations, we can't let it become normal.

-Barak 0bama
agrab86
AG

PR for BV EDC and a wrestling company among other things. He seems happy when I see him around.
Carny89
Mike Left.
Pancho
I feel like if he left on his own he'd be here saying as much, as he's been vocal on here before as have others from KBTX. You know he's been to this thread many times, why not speak up? I've heard from multiple people he did not leave on his own, weird way to handle this for a public figure.
cslifer
He probably isn't speaking up on this board because a.) his career choices are none of our business and b.) he doesn't care about the opinions of internet busy bodies.
Regis T
Well he spent several minutes every week on KBTX in the "Wright Response" responding the internet busybodies so why would he stop now?
trouble
AG
Because no one is paying him to now?
MB19
AG
cslifer said:

He probably isn't speaking up on this board because a.) his career choices are none of our business and b.) he doesn't care about the opinions of internet busy bodies.
C) His lawyer told him to be quiet.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.