Outback Steakhouse ...

4,359 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Charli
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone go here anymore?

We don't very often now a days.
Went this evening with wife and kid.
Not a lot of people in there.
$55 before tip for an appetizer , 2 entrees and a kids meal. And we don't order the most expensive items on menu either.
No alcoholic drinks

I get food cost are up but geez.

Alright Rant over

redd38
AG
That price seems reasonable for that caliber restaurant.
jws456
AG
Went a month or so ago for the heck of it. My opinion: I paid triple for the quality I received. Will not be returning.
cs69ag
AG
It is not as good as it used to be, and there is a lot more competition.
woodiewood1
woodiewood1 said:

$20 a meal for adults is about what I expect as a minimum for a sit-down fine dining restaurant. OB is not the best nor not the worst for a restaurant of that type. On Wednesday nights between semesters I would not expect a large crowd there.
91_Aggie
AG
I used to go to Outback often, back in the days when that was considered one of the better restaurants in town. Haven't been in forever. I can make my own steak better and don't have to spend $100 for my whole family to eat it.

KidDoc
AG
$15 per adult entree. $8 dollars each for kids meal & appetizer is $46. They usually charge $2-3 bucks for non water drinks so honestly that seems 100% on target.

Drink water when you go out the mark-up on non-alcoholic drinks is crazy.

Of course bar drinks are pretty ridiculous everywhere but that is just a fact of life.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tsuag10
AG
I've been to the CS Outback 3-4 times and a few other locations over the course of a year or so.

I never walked out thinking anything other than, "I just overpaid for very average food."

Haven't been back in a few years and don't really plan to. Maybe it's just me...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
A few years ago Outback had a pretty good post 5pm bar scene that a lot of people went to and hung out at from time to time. I don't frequent any such scenes anymore but the few times I've been in there around 530-6 (to eat) it appears as though that scene is no longer really a thing there.
DimeBox17
AG
I've been to outback 3 or 4 times this year and every time the food was great. Steak one time, chicken breast another and tried one of their burgers. Everything was worth every penny that I paid.
techno-ag
AG
DimeBox17 said:

I've been to outback 3 or 4 times this year and every time the food was great. Steak one time, chicken breast another and tried one of their burgers. Everything was worth every penny that I paid.
Thumbs up for your positive post.
halibut sinclair
eloc62
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

A few years ago Outback had a pretty good post 5pm bar scene that a lot of people went to and hung out at from time to time. I don't frequent any such scenes anymore but the few times I've been in there around 530-6 (to eat) it appears as though that scene is no longer really a thing there.
I used to go and hang out at the bar and eat there back in the late 90's and early 2000's when the place was hopping. Been there a few times over the last 15 years. I feel like the Salt Grass has become the new Outback. The hangout scene seems to be happening, and it seems to be full nightly, but we went there last week for a family birthday dinner and the overall consensus of the food was "meh", except for the honey sriacha chicken, which was really good.
Kitten With A Whip
The only problem with this particular Outback is that the locals no longer consider it new. They are too busy flocking to the hot, newer restaurants in town. We are still very "small town" that way. If it's not new, we're not interested anymore, is the attitude of a lot of locals.

Personally, I still like Outback. I feel like it's a decent steak for a fairly decent price and they offer some nice sides, as well. To my recollection, I can only recall one time where the service wasn't up to par and that was on a Curbside Pickup order. Otherwise, all-around good scores from me.
duffelpud
AG
We enjoy sitting at the bar for drinks and appetizers after work about once a month. Happy hour prices are decent.
"What's this button do?"
crbongos
AG
I've recently discovered it for lunch. On Wednesday they have steak or fish option for $9.99. Great lunch spot. Not too busy but not a morgue either. Plus I like Tap Benz.
CRBongo
selk
AG
[Add to the conversation on this board or do not post on the thread. -Staff]
Look Out Below
AG
I consider the Outback wings to be among the best in town, if not the best. Not something I would usually consider ordering there but I was pleasantly surprised. Most everything else is fairly average.
AggieBarstool
Kitten With A Whip said:

The only problem with this particular Outback is that the locals no longer consider it new. They are too busy flocking to the hot, newer restaurants in town. We are still very "small town" that way. If it's not new, we're not interested anymore, is the attitude of a lot of locals.

Personally, I still like Outback. I feel like it's a decent steak for a fairly decent price and they offer some nice sides, as well. To my recollection, I can only recall one time where the service wasn't up to par and that was on a Curbside Pickup order. Otherwise, all-around good scores from me.
I don't feel like that's a far characterization.

I've lived in this town for years and go to Outback every so often. I leave, every time, thinking I could have made better at home for half the cost. That's why I don't go back.

And I'd wager that the locals are the ones that go to more "established" places more often because it's a known quantity to them, not some new-fangled eatery.
Kitten With A Whip
AggieBarstool said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

I don't feel like that's a far characterization.

I've lived in this town for years and go to Outback every so often. I leave, every time, thinking I could have made better at home for half the cost. That's why I don't go back.

And I'd wager that the locals are the ones that go to more "established" places more often because it's a known quantity to them, not some new-fangled eatery.
It is a completely fair characterization. I didn't say ALL of the locals are this way, but a large number are. Just because you feel differently doesn't mean my statements on this are wrong.
tonytx05
AG
There's an Outback in CS?
mgreen
Still go at least once a month. Service and food are consistent. Love sitting in the bar area. Booths are first come, first serve. The last year it seems they are on a wait more than I remember in years.
Charli
On my last visit, I really enjoyed the chocolate martini!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.