Intersecurity Systems - Cameras

1,508 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The_Professional
The_Professional
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wanted to throw a shout out to Gabriel Parga with Intersecurity Systems. I scheduled a camera system installation with him after getting quotes and they turned out better than expected. He took the time to go over the details of what I was looking for and didn't try to push me the latest and greatest. I told him what my budget was and I was given choices of the different systems that he had access to. According to his website, it appears that he does a little bit of everything.

I'm not connected to him in anyway, but it's my honest review.

For those who don't know who Gabriel is, he's been installing systems around this area for many many years.
Carnwellag2
whats the price range for an installed system?
The_Professional
Carnwellag2 said:

We decided on (6), 5mp IP cameras and it was $2K installed. There was another system that had (8) cameras for the same price, but I think it was 2 or 3mp.

I can view them directly on the TV, computer or mobile app. It's nice being away and having the ability to see what is going on at home. I have 3 monitors at work, so this will be up constantly. Give them a call and let him know what your price ranges are to see what works for you.
cz308
The_Professional said:

Carnwellag2 said:

We decided on (6), 5mp IP cameras and it was $2K installed. There was another system that had (8) cameras for the same price, but I think it was 2 or 3mp.

I can view them directly on the TV, computer or mobile app. It's nice being away and having the ability to see what is going on at home. I have 3 monitors at work, so this will be up constantly. Give them a call and let him know what your price ranges are to see what works for you.

Originally I was leaning to go the Arlo Pro route for 6 cameras because the cost was between $850 & $950. The huge downside to Arlo is the delayed lag from almost every single review that I've seen. What good is a surveillance system if there is a lag in the system? Plus you have to deal with batteries if you go completely wireless too. I think we are just going to spend the money and go with an actual wired system. Sounds like the price is reasonable above as well for viewing on 3 different platforms.
MisterShipWreck
I have four Arlo pro cameras - I had to have wireless cameras, and the Arlo system is the best wireless setup from what I read.

I started with 1 camera and the base station, and slowly added 1 more camera at a time. I have 4 cameras total....

Overall, I am satisfied. I like being alerted immediately when there is movement. It is true that the video has to save and finish before you can look at it. But the notification via phone is immediate.

You can switch directly to a live view, but then you will interfere with the recording.

Depending on how much action is in front of a particular camera - it could last up to 3 months. A busy camera will need to be recharged about 1x a month. Then, ya throw it back up. If you use the included mounts, the cameras are held in place with a magnet.

You get the videos stored for up to 5 cameras for 7 days for free. You can store it longer, but then ya gotta pay.

I bought a 256GB USB flash drive, and it will save the videos locally as well. USB hard drives seem to wear out and break after 3 years or so, every time I get one. So, the FLASH drive has no moving parts. And, I did the math.. it should store several years of videos, before it fills up.

I would buy the setup again. The Arlo cameras are cheaper - but then you have to provide your own batteries then. The Arlo Pro cameras come with a rechargeable battery and the charger.

They seem to have done many updates in the software since the system came out, so I do not have some of the issues that others have reported. I also do not use the Geocaching option. Supposedly, the system shuts on and off as you go in and out with your phone. That setup does not seem to be perfect, from the reviews. But, with just leaving them on all the time, I have no issues.

I really like being able to see what is going home at home.

And, it's cool that you can move cameras around if you need to
www.com
You sure these are IP cameras with an NVR? Sounds more like a HD Analog with a DVR. I mean even a low end NVR is around $1,000 and HD IP cameras are not cheap. Know what brand it is? Model number? I wish I could find them THAT CHEAP!
The_Professional
www.com said:

You sure these are IP cameras with an NVR? Sounds more like a HD Analog with a DVR. I mean even a low end NVR is around $1,000 and HD IP cameras are not cheap. Know what brand it is? Model number? I wish I could find them THAT CHEAP!
100% sure they are IP cameras with a NVR (Network Video Recorder) and not a DVR. I'm at work right now so I have no clue what brand was installed. The cameras are pretty freaking sweet during the day and night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.