Bryan/College Station nice places to live - AWAY from college kids

3,969 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SW AG80
txcajun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a family member. I have access to the MLS, but don't know much about the area. Trying to avoid all the college kids. She's looking for a rental, but needs to be around $1500 a month since she's looking to buy shortly after. Any suggestions? I'm guessing all the apartments are out of the question since they're all for college kids?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anything off of or around William D Fitch should be relatively student free. It might be too costly, however.

For apartments, check out - http://socoattowerpoint.com/
SchnauzerMom
There was a house for rent on Barack by the church and Johnson Elementary for lease, I believe it was $1400/month. BCR sign was in the yard. Unfortunately, I haven't had to go that way the past few days, so not sure if still available.
AggieKelly18
AG
We've been in Austin's Colony for 4 years and haven't seen any college students living in the area, it's been great!
BCSWguru
Navasota should be safe
txcajun
AG
Yeah, Austin's Colony is great. She may just buy since the rental market here is very college-centric. My wife and I are renting in the Tower Point area until our home is built, and all of the new subdivisions have rentals for college students. Investors are buying these homes and charging $1800-2000 for rent... Guess it's just the market here...
Stupe
S
If she's open to apartments, there are several complexes off of University east of the bypass that tend to have visiting professors, starter families, or grad students.
TLIAC
AG
There is also a new complex off of Arrington in south College Station called SoCo Apartments. They are gearing towards young families and professionals. The apartments are a little more expensive to make it unattractive to college students but they are really nice. Super close to Tower Point.
JaneDoe02
AG
If she's over 40, Watercrest is a really nice apartment complex.

It's designed for senior citizens but the minimum age is 40. No children.
Scruffy
AG
What if I identify as over 40?
YellowPot_97
AG
Raintree area is almost all families.
ChampsAg
A couple houses for rent in Forest Lakes. Not sure if price. One is with Aggieland. Not sure of the other. Nice quiet area
ro828
[Please be respectful when posting on this forum. -Staff]
veritas47
I hear Mumford, Franklin, Iola and Anderson are nice.
Ag_B_10
AG
Yes, Raintree is good. You see families out walking and such on nice evenings. Not too many college kids. I like it.
histag10
AG
There are some complexes that are geared towards young adults.

We are renting, but it is defiinitely a college area. Thankfully the students on our street are pretty quiet, and respectful of the fact that there are some families in the neighborhood.
Tim Weaver
histag10 said:

There are some complexes that are geared towards young adults.

We are renting, but it is defiinitely a college area. Thankfully the students on our street are pretty quiet, and respectful of the fact that there are some families in the neighborhood.
Agreed. We live in Southwood Valley and even though there are quite a few rentals, you'd be hard-pressed to pick them out. The worst thing that happens on our street is the bro-dozers parked on the curb turning it into a one-lane thoroughfare.....
The Original AG 76
AG
Ok.... I give up.. " bro-dozer" ? I admit ignorance and curiosity . Enlighten please
Scruffy
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Ok.... I give up.. " bro-dozer" ? I admit ignorance and curiosity . Enlighten please

The jacked up pick ups usually with ****life or some other "outdoorsy" decal on the window.
Often 4wd but will never see off road use because they are $80k trucks.
Need a ladder to get in.

Those are "bro dozers".
If a diesel, they will "roll coal" every chance they get.
The Original AG 76
AG
Do they also have those white trash low IQ trailer hitch "ornaments "?
ag-bq-seventy
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

If she's over 40, Watercrest is a really nice apartment complex.

It's designed for senior citizens but the minimum age is 40. No children.
But I think that's only if the spouse is over 55.
Post removed:
by user
SW AG80
AG
Crescent Pointe Apt. east of Hwy 6 between Harvey and University. I lived there for a year. I recommend them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.