Cheapest CT Scan in town?

2,406 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RiverDog
aggiefan2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need to cash pay for a CT scan and am wondering where is the best place to go have that done. I've heard fees can vary dramatically from place to place even in the same town. Anyone have experience with this?
TXCityGirl
Had one done at CapRock ER on William D. Fitch. It was much cheaper than other quoted places.
I have health insurance and my insurance portal allows me to check prices at various places for different procedures. I noticed that the last time I checked that all 3 hospitals had higher prices for the radiology work that we needed done so we went to Bryan Radiology. I did not check with CapRock at that time. I have been to CapRock twice and found that their billing rates are as reasonable as the ERs with hospitals attached.
ontheedge
I believe Bryan Radiology is now owned by St. Joseph. Last Cscan and Bone scan I had done at StJo was just over $1200 cash price but that was 3 years ago.
gettingitdone
Go to www.mdsave.com

This is a program for cash pay patients to get the best deal on procedures.
EBrazosAg
AG
Caprock ER - and no other freestanding, non hospital affiliated ER - is not supposed to do CT scans for people who are not patients in the ER. The new one on Briarcrest is technically a hospital - with some overnight beds - and may be able to skirt that rule.

Bryan Radiology is now part of St Joseph and the price will be the same as a outpatient CT at any other St. Joseph location.

I would try the Physician Centre. I suspect their price is going to be less than the other hospitals. But all 4 hospitals will charge more than Bryan Radiology was charging.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cslifer
That is interesting, I have never heard of that rule. What regulatory body does that come from?
AggieBarstool
cslifer said:

That is interesting, I have never heard of that rule. What regulatory body does that come from?
It's not a regulation. It's a policy by many insurers to better control / estimate costs.
cslifer
Gotcha, I thought he meant they couldn't do it. No problem if I walk in and pay cash just can't use insurance.
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm not sure if it is a Texas rule or just a insurance rule. FSED's are regulated by the state - that's why some states have very few if any - and so are radiation/imaging services. Federal rules for healthcare in general only apply to Medicare and Medicaid ( with some exceptions ) and avoiding that minefield is one reason why FSED's don't accept them unless they are part of a hospital system.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UmustBKidding
The FSED rules https://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=4&ti=25&pt=1&ch=131
I think they can do a ct but have to have a prescription or write one (and probably have to be admitted to do that). I know that all the facilities being built now have beds, but as a hedge since other states require the capability of longer term care in order to be an emergency department (and charge like one).

krich73
Hi, this is Kori Rich, CEO for The Physicians Centre Hospital. We are working with a Radiology group on a bundled agreement to include both the test and the interpretation at comparable prices to what is being offered in the community. Give me a call and let us work with you!

You can reach me at 731-3930. Hope to hear from you.

Kori
lockett93
AG
Just to clarify, Bryan Radiology is not part of St Joseph, but St Joes did acquire the equipment and took over what was their facility near St Joes. Bryan Radiology, the doctor group that reads the X-rays, CT and MRI films, is still independent.
krich73
Hi, this is Kori Rich, CEO for The Physicians Centre Hospital. We are working with a Radiology group on a bundled agreement to include both the test and the interpretation at comparable prices to what is being offered in the community. Give me a call and let us work with you!

You can reach me at 731-3930. Hope to hear from you.

Kori
RiverDog
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.