Store bought Firewood?

7,412 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tailgate88
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's try the firewood discussion a little differently since the latest arctic blast has arrived in Aggieland. Who has the best/cheapest firewood bundles in College Station? HEB's are now $6! Good wood, but that gets expensive. Does Kroger still have their "apartment stacks"? Who else?
boredatwork08
AG
Just be careful about moisture. A lot of that wood has not dried long enough.
Stupe
S
Call Jimmy at 979-218-9600. I bought around a half cord of seasoned oak for $50
Stupe
S
boredatwork08 said:

Just be careful about moisture. A lot of that wood has not dried long enough.
No kidding. I bought some of that HEB crap last week and it smoldered more than it burned.
Tailgate88
AG
I bought three sacks of firewood at Kroger yesterday for $12.99/each. Lit a fire this morning at 9:00am and have been burning it all day and I'm just about to bust into the second sack. Good dry wood.

Y'all stay warm!
Tailgate88
AG
Stupe said:

...but I'll be calling this guy when I run out of what I've got. Thanks!
oklaunion
Stupe said:

For that price, did you have to cut, split and haul it yourself?
bobinator
AG
oklaunion said:

Stupe said:

For that price, did you have to cut, split and haul it yourself?
Yeah, that seems insane.

Anyone have anything else? I know people have recommended the Texas Firewood guy before, is he still going? That price seems crazy on the other end.
Tailgate88
AG
I got this quote the other day. I mean -yowza. Firewood has really gone up, especially considering all the dead trees from the drought a few years back. I think last time I bought a half cord a couple years ago it was $75 delivered....and a cord was only $125 but I just didn't need that much wood.

Quote:

20-24" split pieces

Full Cord of wood
4x4x8'
Costs $325
*Free Delivery to front yard*

1/2 cord
2x4x8'
Costs $170

1/4 cord
2x2x8'
Costs $90

Front yard stacked delivery $25

Back yard stacked delivery starts at $30
*Backyard delivery based on distance we have to wheelbarrow the load*

musicforall
If any of you are thinking ahead to winter, there is a lot of dead post oak on the ground on Brunswick Ct. - the street got together and had our dead trees cut down. Most of it was young trees that died due to the construction in the last two years since ours is a new street. It was cut in 3-4 sections, so very portable. Would rather see someone pick it up for firewood than have it landfilled on Thursday. You could definitely fill a truck. Just please be neat about it.
Tailgate88
AG
Bump for 2020.

It's a great day for a fire! Which stores have wood for sale now? I don't recall seeing any at HEB the other day...but maybe it was at the door at the other end of the store.

Edit: Called Kroger, they have it. Went to HEB, they have two kinds, both $6.99/bundle. Kind of expensive, but it's hardwood and burns clean, so that's a plus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.