HUB Collaborative is a cool space

1,807 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieJason
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
If you your self-employed or work remotely, be sure to check out the space at the HUB Collaborative. I wish they had been around when I was on my own. It's a really cool space.

I promise they're not a sponsor, I just think the idea is really great and well executed. I hope they succeed and we get more spaces like this around town.

Josh
studioone

yes.. but they tend to double or triple the rent after awhile...

photogroup i belong to was paying less than $100 a month to hold a 2 hour meeting there once a month... Now they're charging more than $200 for the same thing...

so photo group is moving to another location..
australopithecus robustus
Supply and demand?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
In their first few years, I would assume their prices would flux until they found what they felt was appropriate for this market.
studioone
yes, but there was a verbal agreement that the photo group was going to rent for a year at x amount...

surprise!

rent hike eight months into year agreement..

australopithecus robustus
Well that's clearly different. Agreements should be honored.
AgProgrammer
AG
We've used their conference rooms on several occasions and have had nothing but great things to say about them. Super handy to have a place like this in B/CS for when clients come into town and you need a quiet, professional place to meet vs. the loud coffee shops.
Hammerheadjim
AG
You will see more of these operations in the future. Not sure if the one in Downtown Bryan is still a collaborative Hub. Wish a true maker space would take off here. I am getting tired of all the locals wanting to use my campus facility...
EliteElectric
We wired it and It is a nice space!
mgreen
I have done multiple meetings there. Great space and great service.
DBSwooper
Hammerheadjim said:

You will see more of these operations in the future. Not sure if the one in Downtown Bryan is still a collaborative Hub. Wish a true maker space would take off here. I am getting tired of all the locals wanting to use my campus facility...

They appeared to have closed a number of months ago.
InMyOpinion
studioone said:

yes, but there was a verbal agreement

Verbal agreements are so complicated
AggieJason
AG
Hammerheadjim said:

Send 'em my way! I venture I'm just across the street...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.