Recommendation for major engine work.

1,078 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Doug Glatt
92Ag95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need recommendations in Aggieland for an honest shop/mechanic for what looks to be some major internal engine work, rebuild, or possibly replacement.

Will Xpost to Automotive.

Thanks in advance.
Stupe
S
B&B Automotive.

Whatever they say you need done, you can trust them.

dubi
AG
Stupe said:

B&B Automotive.

Whatever they say you need done, you can trust them.

Just be prepared for the $$$$$ on the quote! We wanted to get some work done on our son's car over Christmas break and the cost at B&B was the same as the dealer.
nought
AG
The Bug Clinic in Bryan. They are competent, honest, and don't overprice parts or labor. Oh, and they work on way more than just Bugs despite the name -- everything from American iron to European luxury.
aggiepaintrain
AG
B&B is super high now.

try aggieland automotive and brazos valley automotive if you want to stay in CS
92Ag95
AG
Thanks to all for input. Had it towed to B&B. We'll see what they say. Only in it for $55 towing and $100 diagnostic so if quote seems too high then I might have it towed over to Bug Clinic or another place. Much more interested in honesty and competency than saving a few bucks......unless they are double what I might pay elsewhere.

edit: Received quote from B&B....not sure if they don't want the work and inflated the quote accordingly or if they plan to use 24K gold plated, diamond encrusted parts. Pretty sure a dealer quote would come in lower.

Investigating next option.
barney94
AG
I have had excellent luck with Aggieland Automotive.
Doug Glatt
AG
I wouldn't write off dealers like we used to could. Think they have got to be trying to compete with the independent guys nowadays. Had a motor replacement with a new crate motor 1.5 years ago and a dealer in Houston came in $300 cheaper than any other place I called.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.