Blue October Tickets

2,059 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ksp
ksp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone by chance selling theirs for next Friday the 17th?
AggiePhil
AG
No, sorry. I think I got the last two! Try asking on the Facebook fan page. There are usually people on there who can't go at the last minute.
ksp
Thx Phil!
Tim Weaver
I hope they rent in sound for that show. Grand Stafford's audio is literally the worst.
DayTrip
I take it you've never been to Graham's/Caliente/El Bajio? The reverb of the sound raging out of the banks of ceiling mounted and angled speakers bouncing off of the wooden dance floors at slightly but ever increasing variable frequencies....
Tim Weaver
Been to all of them. Many times.

Up until very recently I was a touring sound guy for a fairly popular Texas country band. Before that I did all sorts of local production for the big sound company here. In fact I did sound in both the 3rd floor Cantina and the Dixie Theater back when that meant something. The old PA's that were in there LOOKED like junk, but were actually miles and miles better than what's in the Stafford now.

For acceptable audio I would take a trip down to Dosey Doe in the Woodlands, or Main Street Crossing in Conroe. Both of those places are halfway decent. To get excellent audio in a club..... Hmmmm. Joe's in Chicago was good.

I blame the iPod generation. Nobody respects quality audio anymore. As long as they have plenty of quantity. Make it loud with lots of bass and it doesn't matter what the lyrics are, or anything else for that matter....
Scruffy
AG
Agreed.

I've left venues because the sound was too loud; it was just noise at that point.
AggiePhil
AG
Flyleaf at Harry's 9-10 years ago sounded just awful. Shame really.
Tim Weaver
Harry's is a really, difficult room to get sounding good. It's long, dog-legged, and has a low ceiling. All of these things mean we can't put the speakers where they would perform the best. Its a serious compromise to get adequate coverage without killing people on the dance floor.

But whaddya do. Its the only big venue left in town.....
Scruffy
AG
I walked out in them and puddle of mud.
Fly leaf because I was into it, and puddle of mud because the music between powerman and them was ear hurting loud.
ksp
Tttt
BryanGal
Ksp-I have two tickets if you're still interested.
ksp
YES!!!!!!!

thx
BryanGal
ksp - email sent.
ksp
Huge thanks!
AggiePhil
AG
So are we seeing Blue October or just Justin? I was under the impression it was a solo show with Justin, ala 5591.
JimmyHouston
AG
Interested in buying 2 if anyone cannot go
ksp
AggiePhil said:

So are we seeing Blue October or just Justin? I was under the impression it was a solo show with Justin, ala 5591.
It is in fact just Justin!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.