Affordable Reliable Electrician For Power Outlet Install

4,241 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggiePhil
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Board recs?

Need someone to install a power outlet over my fire place within 2-3 days. Long story on why its so last minute.
Max06
AG
I had a great experience with Bruder's Electric. They were able to come out right away when all the others I called had a 2-3 week wait.
AggiePhil
AG
I've been using Casiano Electric lately with good results.
halibut sinclair
Elite or Casiano. Javier Casiano used to have the Mr. Electric franchise here.
EliteElectric
Thanks for the recommendation but we are on a 3-10 day wait right now, we are victims of our own success. I doubt very seriously we could get to it in 2-3 days.
KidDoc
AG
Tommy with Aggieland Electric did good work for my car plug a year and a half ago.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
armymom
Always have good, reasonable service for small and large projects at home from Britt Rice Electric.
InMyOpinion
Aggieland Electric
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Wanted to bump this thread after a two month dance with frustration. I contacted Elite first for a quote on two residential jobs. The came out promptly an were highly professional. Sent a quote about a week later but left one of the two jobs off. I e-mailed twice and called once asking them to amend the quote but never heard from them again. After a month I gave up.

I contacted Casiano next. Waited a week and a half and never heard a thing.

I contacted Britt Rice next. Awesome experience. I had someone at the house in four days and the work was quality and done under the quoted price. In a town where it is next to impossible to get a contractor to call you, much less show up, it was great to have A+ communication and service from these guys. Would absolutely use again.

CN
I did not have a good experience with Elite. I had them install two outdoor outlets. When I went to pull out the outlets a month later due to my needs changing, I found that they had wired the new outlets to the same outlet my furnace was plugged into.
EliteElectric
CN said:

I did not have a good experience with Elite. I had them install two outdoor outlets. When I went to pull out the outlets a month later due to my needs changing, I found that they had wired the new outlets to the same outlet my furnace was plugged into.

Sorry you were unhappy, can I ask you a few questions?

1. Were you initially satisfied?
2. Did you give us a preference for circuitry? Did you say for instance I need these on circuit X or did you just ask us to install a couple receptacles?

Thank you and again, sorry you weren't satisfied. We offer a 1 year warranty on parts and labor so I wish you would have called if you were dissatisfied.

To address some of the other complaints in this thread about us not responding, or for that matter in some cases not responding to your liking, we are extremely busy right now and have been for the last two years, and, like any other business only have a finite amount of resources. In this case servicemen. We take calls and put them in que and try our best to juggle and keep all of the balls in the air while juggling hundreds of calls each month in addition to our new construction and industrial business all the while trying to keep every customer satisfied. We don't always succeed, but our hearts are in the right place.

Thanks hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a prosperous and happy New Year!
txxwildcard
Call Mr. Puentes at 979-324-3728, he does all electric work on my rentals and is very good.
EliteElectric
txxwildcard said:

Call Mr. Puentes at 979-324-3728, he does all electric work on my rentals and is very good.
Be careful here, there is no "Puentes" licensed with TDLR to do electrical work in Texas, either as a master electrician or contractor, and doing so without a license is a crime. He may be a very capable person but you will run afoul of your insurance company and the local inspection department if they find out an unlicensed individual is doing work on your property, especially rental property. You will be culpable for any harm, fires, injuries etc if you knowingly hire persons to do work without proper rights to do that work by the authority having jurisdiction in your area/state.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/LicenseSearch/

CN
Quote:

Sure.

Quote:

It's hard for me to say because I never used the outlets after the job was done. I wasn't too happy about the stucco being damaged but I let it slide because it was easy for me to patch.

Quote:

2. Did you give us a preference for circuitry? Did you say for instance I need these on circuit X or did you just ask us to install a couple receptacles?

I told your guy I wanted two outlets installed outside of my house because I was planning on installing two outdoor wifi security cameras and possibly a TV. I think the extent of our conversation was me asking if you can do this and his answer being yes.

I decided a few weeks after the job was done that I should use wired cameras instead of wifi cameras. I hadn't bought any cameras yet so I had never used the new receptacles. When I went to undo all the electrical wiring that your guy had done so I could run ethernet instead, that's when I discovered he had wired into the receptacle dedicated to my furnace. There was no mistaking what that receptacle was for either... it was just a few feet away from the furnace and the furnace was the only thing plugged into it. So no, I did not give a preference for circuitry but come on, the furnace?!! That's something I would expect from an amateur like me. I would've thought they would've been at least run off an existing GFCI circuit.

As for why I never complained, what good would it have done? I was going to undo it all anyway so there was no point in you coming back to fix it. I already knew I was going to eat the cost of the install because I changed my mind on how I wanted my cameras wired. I was just surprised about how the job was done. I was even more surprised when I eventually got the bill for over $400 months later but chalked it up to a lesson learned.
EliteElectric
CN said:

Quote:

Sure.

Quote:

It's hard for me to say because I never used the outlets after the job was done. I wasn't too happy about the stucco being damaged but I let it slide because it was easy for me to patch.

Quote:

I told your guy I wanted two outlets installed outside of my house because I was planning on installing two outdoor wifi security cameras and possibly a TV. I think the extent of our conversation was me asking if you can do this and his answer being yes.

I decided a few weeks after the job was done that I should use wired cameras instead of wifi cameras. I hadn't bought any cameras yet so I had never used the new receptacles. When I went to undo all the electrical wiring that your guy had done so I could run ethernet instead, that's when I discovered he had wired into the receptacle dedicated to my furnace. There was no mistaking what that receptacle was for either... it was just a few feet away from the furnace and the furnace was the only thing plugged into it. So no, I did not give a preference for circuitry but come on, the furnace?!! That's something I would expect from an amateur like me. I would've thought they would've been at least run off an existing GFCI circuit.

As for why I never complained, what good would it have done? I was going to undo it all anyway so there was no point in you coming back to fix it. I already knew I was going to eat the cost of the install because I changed my mind on how I wanted my cameras wired. I was just surprised about how the job was done. I was even more surprised when I eventually got the bill for over $400 months later but chalked it up to a lesson learned.

Well to be honest, if you made no preference to circuitry we would have simply went to the nearest available circuit with the least amount of existing load, and since the loads were small (TV and wifi) just about any circuit would've done the trick. Without talking to my guys that put it in I would assume that the furnace was the easiest place to catch a circuit. Also, there is always some risk involved with installing plugs into existing fascia or walls, it is what it is, again sorry you were unhappy with the product.

Again with little knowledge of this particular service call I can honestly say this- It is typically 100-200 dollars per outlet to install a plug in an existing wall. Exterior walls and masonry/stucco/concrete siding are the hardest to install in thus raising the degree of difficulty, so the pricing isn't out of line at all versus the average.

If you are really interested send an email to andreas@elitellp.net with your address and I will look further into it, if not I understand completely.

aggies4life
AG
Do you have his number? Called the ones listed and said it wasn't him...
AggiePhil
AG
Casiano Electric
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.