Rheumatologist?

2,067 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Well, okay then
07bluebonnet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know if there are any local rheumatologists that will see kids? My child's doc is saying we have to go to Round Rock, but if this is an ongoing thing I would prefer a local doctor. Anyone?
SRCag18
AG
My mom used to work locally for a Rheumatologist and she said that this is correct. They would get calls all the time inquiring about a Pediatric Rheumatologist and the nearest one is in Austin or Houston. This has been a year or so, but she says that this is probably the case still. Sorry and best of luck in your situation.
Pyewacket
AG
Texas Childrens in Houston. I don't know your situation, but as someone who has dealt with rheumatologists since I was 14. My thoughts go out to your little one.

If you are looking around Dallas I can recommend a few.
BryanPooch
I needed one a few years ago when I had vasculitis. I had Dr.Guy Fiocco from Scott & White in Temple. He came to College Station once a week after my initial visit in Temple to see a variety of patients. He was, perhaps, the best doctor I ever saw. Top, top rate! I checked their web site and he still seems to be there. Not sure that he is. Check into him.
07bluebonnet
Thanks!
rkonderla
My daughter goes to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. It stinks to make the trip 2-3 times a year, but the quality of care is beyond anything I have ever experienced.
momtaxi
My daughter was diagnosed at about 18 months. We started off going to Houston and abosolutely hated the care we got for such along trip. A friend of ours told us about Texas Scottish rite in Dallas. We have been there ever since. The amount of care we receive is second to none and mostly free or at a reduced cost. They are self funding and pay for most costs themselves. My daughter loves going there for her appointments and always asks when her next one is. During the summer they sponsor a week long summer camp for all patients completely free. I recommend to anyone that is having issues finding a local doctor. I know it's along drive, but well worth it!
PanAg83
AG
barbwire
I used to see Dr Singh and finally left. She kept pushing me toward biologics which I told her I didn't want to do. Didn't really care for how they run their office either.

Scheinhost - don't, just don't.

Dr Rossman at S&W: have been very impressed with him so far. Listens to my needs and knows where I want to go with my care.

But I don't know if any of these see pediatric patients. Good luck! I do sometimes see a doc in Austin, Paul Pickrell.
CEAg78
AG
barbwire said:

I used to see Dr Singh and finally left. She kept pushing me toward biologics which I told her I didn't want to do. Didn't really care for how they run their office either.

Agree on Scheinost.

I have to say though, biologics have changed my life.
BCSMom
I see Dr Rossman st Scott and White. I've been seeing her for my Ankylosing Spondalytis diagnosis. I think he's pretty great!
barbwire
CEAg78 said:

barbwire said:

Agree on Scheinost.

Did she order a bunch of crazy tests that were hella expensive? I asked for Vicodin bc sometimes that's the only thing that will cut my pain. She acted like I asked for her bank account number. She was very unprofessional about the entire deal. Plus my first visit with her I thought she was on something. I've never had an encounter with a doctor like that.

Glad the biologics worked for you. My case isn't severe so I've been able to avoid them so far. Just felt like Singh wanted to go immediately to them instead of trying other things.
Well, okay then
AG
Another recommendation for Dr. Rossman. My wife used to have to go out of town also. Very pleased with Dr. Rossman.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.