Internet in Castlegate 2

4,698 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Average Joe
Old Ag 74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! - I'm trying to find out for a relative who lives in the new part of Castlegate where all the David Weekly homes are being built if there is an internet provider for them. I've checked with Suddenlink and Frontier both and neither provide coverage to that area which surprised me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
CWIsom
Brazos wifi might help
InMyOpinion
I was told suddenlink was working to get that section added. Not sure what the eta was
BlazeHarper

*team lead*
"They are building another development next to one of the largest residential developments in South College Station and get this they are calling it....... "Castlegate II" I guess because it is right next to that original development called Castlegate but I could be wrong...has happened before"

*employee*
"Whoa we should totally layout cable and service to all those sections!! Heck yeah and expand our user base over the long run!"

*team lead*
"Slow down there hoss!! That is just what they are expecting us to do!"

*employee*
"Yeah your right we should just punt on this and toss it into the "future expansion" folder"

*the new guy*
"Uhh what should we tell them when they call asking about Suddenlink in the area ? Should we give them a date it will be available ?"

---room explodes with laughter---

*team lead*
"It's OK you are new here"
Old Ag 74
AG
^
I laughed.
AggieWife2008
S
Suddenlink is in Castlegate II...do they not cover all of Castlegate II?
UmustBKidding
No brazos Wifi in Castlegate. CEO probably. Does frontier have phone service? If so try Wirestar. I suspect frontier does not because of line length limits, but Wirestar is vdsl2 and their DSLAM I believe supports GoLong capability.
75AG
AG
quote:
No brazos Wifi in Castlegate. CEO probably. Does frontier have phone service? If so try Wirestar. I suspect frontier does not because of line length limits, but Wirestar is vdsl2 and their DSLAM I believe supports GoLong capability.

I don't know what any of that means, except you're not going to get good internet.
UmustBKidding
The short is if you have to have internet immediatly CEO probably can light you up. But its probably not your long term solution and they have congestion issues so its likely less ideal if you have cut the cord and stream everything.
Your hope would be that be that frontier has cable direct to the spring creek co (behind TP heb), you are to far from their CO for them to provide ADSL but close enough for Wirestar to reach you over your frontier phone line with their more advanced equpiment in that Frontier CO.
Another thing is just assume that ANYTHING that sudden link tells you is untrue, an outright lie or is being spoken by someone who has no clue what they are saying. This works both ways, they may say they are working on it and not be, or say they don't have service and really do
BQwolf05
AG
Just moved to Estates at Creek Meadows and we have Suddenlink out there.

Also have friends who live in CGII and they have Suddenlink.
Old Ag 74
AG
Thanks everyone! Last time we checked on Suddenlink, they were not offering service on their street (Uphor Ct). We'll try them again to see if that has changed since others in CG II are getting service.

Prophet00
AG
I'm a few streets over, off Egremont, and we've had Suddenlink for almost two years now.
farmerJohnny
Hello, I was wondering if there are any updates on the Internet topic in Castlegate ll. Before we bought the property we were assured that Suddenlink has service there, yet upon moving in, we discovered that our side of the street is not covered Why would they cover one side and not the other, I don't understand. As others have said, you can't trust anything they say. One SuddenLink rep says it will take 1 month, another is saying 3 months.
Are there any wifi or satellite solutions for this area?
wareagle044
They will get to it. I was without internet for about 3 weeks in my new construction in South CS. Stay on the developer and Suddenlink.
txcajun
AG
A ways out, but something to look forward too, hopefully:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/4/15539934/spacex-satellite-internet-launch-2019

I've wondered how this sort of thing might influence the housing market. For instance, some neighborhoods advertise fiber optic availability, and in turn, lots are more expensive due to that amenity. It would be nice to give the finger to the cable companies, and have a 1GB connection via satellite with no data cap. Wishful thinking I suppose...

techno-ag
AG
bjuneau said:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/4/15539934/spacex-satellite-internet-launch-2019

I've wondered how this sort of thing might influence the housing market. For instance, some neighborhoods advertise fiber optic availability, and in turn, lots are more expensive due to that amenity. It would be nice to give the finger to the cable companies, and have a 1GB connection via satellite with no data cap. Wishful thinking I suppose...

Suddenlink will get there before that thing will.
Average Joe
AG
bjuneau said:

I'm curious as to how they solve the latency issue with satellite Internet.
BrazosWifi
Average Joe said:

bjuneau said:

These satellites are like a swarm of bees in low earth orbit. Zipping along much closer to earth than the current breed of geostationary satellites that are used by TV and Internet companies right now.

I have serious doubts of if the project will ever actually become viable but I may be surprised.
Average Joe
AG
BrazosWifi said:

Average Joe said:

bjuneau said:

These satellites are like a swarm of bees in low earth orbit. Zipping along much closer to earth than the current breed of geostationary satellites that are used by TV and Internet companies right now.

I have serious doubts of if the project will ever actually become viable but I may be surprised.

Count me in the doubtful group, as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.