ISP options/ recommendations for peach creek area?

2,443 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosWifi
TSJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving there soon and I need to see whats available since suddenlink is not out there. We have cut cable so we stream a decent amount of TV and wife works from home so reliability and speed is a must.
UmustBKidding
I would say if you stream a lot and must have reliable for work don't move there. A couple of options none great.
You can email and I'll be happy to let you know helping several friends in the area get connected.
Username at conspiracy dot net
CWIsom
Brazos Wifi
TSJ
AG
quote:
Brazos Wifi

That's what I have been thinking.
studioone

dont bother.. millican is the bermuda triangle of the internet..

trust me..
BrazosWifi
Studioone, shoot me an email. I assume you are looking for Avalon. I believe we can hit you now.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
UmustBKidding
Are you back servicing that area? Two different people I know have done deals with your competitors building dedicated towers in that area because of no call back from you. Another is about to finish a deal for them to site on his property to service others.
Know you have been busy with new child but most had given up.

FNG
I recall someone posting awhile back saying they had Brazos WiFi in Millican and were getting 30mbps down, which seemed amazing.

A search may turn up that post if someone is so inclined.
BrazosWifi
I normally call everyone back. I'd like to know who these folks are and when they left a message. We have new office help and I have recently heard similar things about folks slipping through the cracks.

I understand those folks' ship has likely sailed but I am more interested in how we failed them. I understand if you can't say so but I would like to know if you can.

Email would probably be best for this.

Thanks,
Jim
BrazosWifi
We are offering real 30mbps plans where we have the newer equipment. It is only on about 1/3 of our towers but that number is rising as we increase capacity feeding each tower.

Rural users need internet. Faster is better and we strive to deliver a product that is fast and reliable without breaking the bank.
ChampsAg
We are in Millican and love Brazos WiFi!

I do know that a friend of mine in Peach Creek was not able to get them though. Too many trees
nthomas99
AG
Howdy,

I'm looking for information on Peach Creek Crossing. I just hopped off the phone with Brazos WiFi, he says he's not able to take new clients back there (needs a new tower, HOA approval, etc).

Is anybody else providing service down there? The HOA website mentions CenturyLink for DSL? Is this any good?

Looking to move down there by serviceable internet is like electricity these days (kind of a must).

Thanks,
--Nathan

UmustBKidding
Tell Jim from BrazosWifi to mount a AP on TomT's (his customer) on Navasota ridge road and back feed it to you. Not sure exactly where you are but I ran a path calculation from his place to a friend of mine's on pipeline road and the pipeline end needed some height because of trees, but a quick look seems that nothing on peach creek cutoff has as much obstruction. Friend on pipeline built a small tower and gets service from CEO from their wellborn/straub road tower. Of course if you have an HOA they likely would not like it.
No joy on CentlessLink, talked with facilities engineer about service to Navasota Ridge and they are out of available cable south of there and there are no plans to construct any more.
Rise claims to service some in that area, but what they call service is not.

nthomas99
AG
Thanks for the info and the lead. I've shot off an email to Jim. We'll see what he says.
BrazosWifi
Good news Peach Creek folks, we have a plan in action and hope to have something in January.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
BrazosWifi
Yesterday, we signed up the first person in Peach Creek Subdivision. We welcome any other folks to give us a call and get scheduled.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.