D&D still the best movers?

9,091 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mmetag10
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kyledr04
AG
We used gmhaulers last summer. They were excellent and priced right.
InMyOpinion
Don't be surprised if they show up late
Prune Tracy
quote:

D&D or G&M?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
We've used D&D as well as G&M and had fine experiences with both.

Both times that I've used G&M, one of the owners was on the crew and it seemed that they were extra careful and polite as a result.
AggieWife2008
S
G&M all the way!
AggiePhil
AG
G&M Haulers
bugle rank '87
AG
G&M!!!
Prune Tracy
Looks like it's G&M. Thanks, y'all.
Prune Tracy
armymom
Have only used Little Guys and keep going back to them when needed!
Crusader
When we were about to move to CS a few years ago, we contacted DD to do the job. We had never used them, but saw their office and signs, so we stopped in to give them a try. We spoke with the young lady there, she took our information, and we never heard from them again.

So we contacted G&M. They were so prompt, professional, careful with our things, and surprised us at how inexpensive they were. I agree. G&M al the way!
GunRangeGal
AG
Little Guy Movers was amazing when they moved me from my 3rd floor apartment into my house. They were fast, polite, reasonably priced, and didn't scratch a thing. Will be using them again when I sell my house.
DDMOVERS
AG
After just celebrating or 15th anniversary this month, D&D Moving and Storage, Inc. continues to be Aggies #1 choice for Aggies moving Aggies!

Give us a call today for a free in-home estimate or visit or web site @ www.ddmovers.com to receive a free on-line quote!

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
979-693-6233
www.ddmovers.com
chloelee
G & M all the way. Super professional and very careful. D & D not so much.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
We used D&D last year and had several items damaged as well as some scrapes to the floors and nicks in the walls.
fishngame06
AG
We used D&D a little over 3 years ago moving from Houston to CS. Wasn't satisfied with them one bit.

We then used Wildcat a year later to move within CS. We would recommend giving them a call for a bid as they did good work.
BMo
Do not use Brazos Moving and Storage. The worst moving experience we have ever had. Should have used G&M again.
AgTruth
AG
Arrived late and hurriedly rushed thru our move - despite my requests to 'be careful', resulted in broken pieces.
mongey donk
AG
quote:
We used D&D last year and had several items damaged as well as some scrapes to the floors and nicks in the walls.
Same here.
Post removed:
by user
InMyOpinion
quote:
quote:

D&D or G&M?

Yeah D&D - ours was a 2 day move and they were over an hour late both days
InMyOpinion
quote:
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc. continues to be Aggies #1 choice for Aggies moving Aggies!

Not for this Aggie family
91_Aggie
AG
Hmm, I should open up a moving company and named it Advanced D&D
montegobay
It's interesting that not one post on this thread says anything positive about D & D, yet the owner gets on, posts an ad, ignores all the negative comments, and tells us to give them a call. I think I may see one of their problems: Complaint about our service? We don't care.
BigBubba
AG
quote:
After just celebrating or 15th anniversary this month, D&D Moving and Storage, Inc. continues to be Aggies #1 choice for Aggies moving Aggies!

Give us a call today for a free in-home estimate or visit or web site @ www.ddmovers.com to receive a free on-line quote!

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
979-693-6233
www.ddmovers.com

Dan, we used D&D 10 years ago when we moved from Houston to CS and your company did great. I was very pleased and I have recommended you to others. That being said, I know multiple people that have used you recently and they all said your crews showed up late.

I know there have been other posts like this one on TexAgs in years past and there would be many people get on it and say "D&D is the best". That is not happening which leads me to believe your quality has gone down in recent years and you need to fix it.

Edit:
For reference, here is a search on TexAgs post that have D&D movers in them. There are numerous that have good things to say about D&D but they are all older.

TegAgs DD Search
unmade bed
quote:
It's interesting that not one post on this thread says anything positive about D & D, yet the owner gets on, posts an ad, ignores all the negative comments, and tells us to give them a call. I think I may see one of their problems: Complaint about our service? We don't care.

To be fair, he posted before most of the negative comments, so its possible he hasnt seen them.
jh88ag
AG
Just my 2 cents...

I've used Little Guys, G&M and D&D. Most recent (this month) was D&D.

Little Guys - Moved me from one condo/townhome to another about 3 years ago. Did a great job, but I expect a larger move would test them a bit.

G&M moved my office (about 1,800 sq. ft) from one location to another (5 yrs ago). Really quick and did a great job. Would definitely use them again.

D&D moved us from a house in town to a rural property earlier this month. They packed us and moved us. Pretty much took all one day for packing and he next for moving. We were very satisfied. They took good care of our things and were very pleasant to work with. A couple of minor dings did occur; but I cannot imagine that I could have moved it myself with such little damage. Would definitely consider using them again if we ever move...I sincerely hope we never do. Moving sucks under the best conditions.
CRE-Ag
AG
I recommended Dan to a pair of my clients making a cross country move, and they could not have been more pleased with the work they did. From logistics to the move itself, he made it easy. D&D is good people, and I would trust them to move myself. I can't speak to the complaints, but my folks were very happy.

Tyler Bradfield
(210) 508-0181
DDMOVERS
AG
Call D&D Moving and Storage, Inc. if you want the most experienced mover in B/CS.

With almost 20 years of moving and storage experience , as the owner / Dan Daniel, knows the moving and storage business! D&D would not have a A+ plus rating with the BBB, PROMOVER by AMSA, and Dan as a board member of the SWMA if he was not committed to the moving and storage industry.

The negative post only leads one to believe that competitors are performing unethical business practices!

Aggies moving Aggies!!

Check out our references @ www.ddmovers.com

Dan Daniel
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc.
www.ddmovers.com
979-693-6233
benny63
G&M
InMyOpinion
quote:
The negative post only leads one to believe that competitors are performing unethical business practices

How does your guys being late on multiple occasions have anything to do with your competitors?
DDMOVERS
AG
There has ZERO complaints at D&D Moving and Storage, Inc that have not been addressed!
DDMOVERS
AG
I would be glad to address your complaint, however your FREE membership doesn't allow me to send you a private message!

Feel free to contact me @ dan@ddmovers.com

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
InMyOpinion
quote:
I would be glad to address your complaint, however your FREE membership doesn't allow me to send you a private message!

Feel free to contact me @ dan@ddmovers.com

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
You have my number and had a chance to address my issue but all you wanted was payment. Since that was more important than a simple apology I will take my business elsewhere and recommend others do the same.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.