Scorpions

2,973 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
amdee28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of my dogs found a scorpion in the house tonight and I believe another dog may have been stung by it. I'm in Castlegate and hadn't seen one around here yet. My parents live a bit further out in the sticks and get them inside all time. Can I blame this guy on the rainy weather? Not too concerned, just wide awake and bored after dealing with pest commotion.
BrazosWifi
We live out in the sticks. We had scorpions pretty bad when we bought the house.

Contact your pest control company of choice. We use Venus and have for years. I believe EcoZap is a sponsor here on the forums. I'm sure they have the same products/treatments.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
susieq30
We live in Nantucket and have found them in the house a few times. Our pest control company gives us these sticky pads that we place under furniture at baseboards and work pretty well.
MiMi
S
I am in Castlegate and had a few scorpions make their way into my house during the first year in the house. I had Venus Pest come and treat the house/yard after my daughter found one in her bed. I blamed in on new construction. That was about 6 years ago and I haven't seen any since. Venus does comes monthly and treats my yard for mosquitos. This may help keep other pests away as well.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Ah Scorpions.. one of the top reasons people switch over to us. It's not much fun constantly worrying about these little guys. We seldom need to give out sticky pads since our treatments are much different than most other companies in town. Being successful against scorpions means providing a more in-depth service (not just misting the foundation of a house). There are some good companies in town, but we work a lot harder to be the best.
If you like we'd be happy to get out there this morning, and get you started. Or afternoon, this evening or Saturdays, we are kind of On-Demand.

Thanks
EcoZapp Pest Control

O.G.
Turning off your exterior lights will help as well. I know that a lot of people think that they need a guard light or exterior lights for security, but the reality is that most of the time these lights work counter to any real security use.

Exterior lights attract the "lesser" bugs that are typically food for spiders and scorpions. So, taking that step can help reduce the numbers of both.

And also call Eco Zapp.
ksp
Scorpions love the big tree roaches. This is an issue for us also. Luckily in 6 years nobody has been stung.
The Collective
AG
Demon WP controls them, if you are DIY type.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.