Skybeam internet & phone? Anybody have it?

2,499 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by RPJ83
AG @ HEART
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got a flyer in the mail about skybeam internet & phone for $39.99. Anybody have any dealing with them?
DBSwooper
My experience with Skybeam was exceptionally bad. Come to find out my experience is far from atypical. You won't have to worry about the phone service because you'll have slow connections and long outages.
Tailgate88
AG
Don't do it. Lots of horror stories have been posted here and on the Nerdery.
BrazosWifi
AG, if you fall within my coverage area, give me a call. I provide great speeds for a reasonable price and am local.

To sum up the issues with Skybeam: incompetent, out of state company with poor customer service.

Search the forums for others' comments.

Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable wireless internet for Brazos County | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-985-5912
bradleyk
Ag,

I had Wickson Wireless and it was great, then they got purchased by Skybeam. After Skybeam purchased them, it went downhill to no end. They have horrible customer service and the service was going out ALL the time. They claimed (or at least I paid for) the highest download speed (5MB), but then come to find out, I run a test and was getting about 1MB or less at times. Because storms can cause problems at times, it would take Skybeam many days to get service back up and running... and I mean days.

I switched to Brazos WiFi and have been extremely happy with it. Jim is very helpful and when there is a storm that blows through, if anything gets affected, he is right on it to get it fixed and back up if it goes down. Our neighbors are on it, well... a lot of people our Kurten community are on it and I never hear any complaints from them either.

I recommend Brazos WiFi
Diamond Geezer
We switched from Motorola to a PrimeCo phone around 1998.

[This message has been edited by Diamond Geezer (edited 3/21/2014 9:39a).]
Medi-Weightloss Clinics
Skybeam is horrible, especially customer service. Wickson Wireless was great, but the new owners (out of state company) just can't make it work. Overloaded towers, poor data rates, the works. It's all bad. Wish Brazos WiFi made it as far south as my house. I keep checking their website every few months to see when they will make it further South.
fairrobh
AG
Brazos WiFi FTW!
Bob2525
BrazosWIFI.... Still waiting for coverage out in the Smetana (east Bryan) area... Nothing but cellphone internets out here.
RiverDog
I have Skybeam, and have had it since it was Wickson Wireless. Just Internet, not phone. Have no complaints. Can spend a while on hold, but that was also true back when it was Wickson.

Went round and round with Skybeam recently about my service being sporadic. I was having to reset the POE and my router multiple times a day. They tried some things that hadn't fixed it yet.

But then I figured out over the weekend (by accident) that an external hard drive I had plugged into my router was somehow the cause of the problem. I unplugged that drive, rebooted everything, and the problem was fixed.

So I probably need to apologize to some Skybeam customer service reps.
RPJ83
We have had Skybeam for a couple months, we've had a few minor problems but not anything as bad as we had with Hughes Net.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.