Meet John David Crow at our Post Oak Mall location FRIDAY 4/12

2,368 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by AgDiehard
AggielandOutfitters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://aggielandoutfitters.com/blog/?p=1231

Heisman Trophy Winner John David Crow to appear at Aggieland Outfitters – Post Oak Mall Friday, April 12

This Saturday, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner returns to action on Kyle Field for the annual Maroon & White Game. On Friday, Aggieland Outfitters customers will have the opportunity to meet the only other Heisman Trophy winner in Texas A&M history!

Join Aggieland Outfitters at our Post Oak Mall location from 5pm-7pm this Friday to visit with John David Crow. The 1957 Heisman Trophy Winner will be available to take pictures and sign autographs for fans in town for Parents’ Weekend and the Maroon & White Game.

“With all of the excitement around Johnny Manziel and the Heisman Trophy these days in Aggieland, we thought it would be fun to host the only other Aggie to ever win the award,” said Aggieland Outfitters’ Director of Marketing & Communication, Dallas Shipp. “We reached out to his agent and thought that the Maroon & White game and Parents Weekend was the perfect time for the event. For the lucky ones who come by to get an autographed football from John David Crow on Friday, and then somehow score an autograph on the same ball from Manziel on Saturday, that’s a pretty spectacular weekend and makes a very cool piece of sports memorabilia history.”

Fans planning to attend the autograph session must purchase tickets at Aggieland Outfitters’ Post Oak Mall location on Friday. Tickets will be sold for $20 per autograph or photo and will be available for purchase beginning at 10am on Friday at the Post Oak Mall location only. Fans wanting to have multiple items signed will need to purchase a ticket for each item.

Shipp explained the reasoning behind the charge for autographs for this particular event.

“With the excitement surrounding Johnny Manziel winning the Heisman Trophy this year, Mr. Crow has been extremely popular for events as Aggie fans and sports collectors hope to collect memorabilia with both Aggie Heisman Trophy winners,” Shipp said. “It reached such a fever pitch early this year, that he had to hire Fiterman Sports to handle all of his appearance requests. We certainly understand that and are excited to be able to bring this event to our stores thanks to John David’s representatives at Fiterman Sports.”

Aggieland Outfitters will have several items available for sale to have signed by Mr. Crow, and customers are encouraged to bring any items with them as well.
Kashchei
AG
I am interested in going and I can see charging for autographs, but charging $20 PER autograph and PER photo (especially when everyone will be using their own cameras)seems a little steep. I understand having to cover costs, etc., but still... ouch.

Is there any more information on what types of items will be sold for him to sign?

[This message has been edited by Kashchei (edited 4/10/2013 12:07p).]
AggielandOutfitters
AG
We will have mini-helmets, autograph footballs, 8x10 photographs and are working with his agent on some #44 helmets like he wore in 1957.

As far as the cost, it's really just a matter of him being bombarded with requests for appearances these days after Johnny won the Heisman. He had to hire this agency and the pricing is all setup by them and every dime goes to them and John David Crow. They're actually doing it for much less than they charge for events at card shows and whatnot since we're here in College Station.

Hope to see ya there! Be sure and enter to win a free autograph/photo ticket! text MYBCS to 99000 to enter!
Kashchei
AG
Thanks for the info!
CrazyAgE
Yeah unthought it was crap charging this much as well. I remember back around '92 or so (?), when Chuck Knoblauch had just left for the pros and then he came back for a signing and charged like $5. Wasn't horrible really, but his father chewed his rear out for charging people back in his college town. Basically told him that the people of A&M helped get you to where you are (of course, looking back now, hopefully the people of A&M didn't help get him the steroids). Anyhow, I agree with his dad. I personally don't think you should charge those from either your hometown or the place where you went to college. There are plenty of other opportunities that you can charge outside of these places. Just sayin'...
Packman
Can we bring our own football to sign?
Average Joe
AG
Why didn't anyone tell me this a year ago when my fiance and I scheduled our wedding? I would easily pay $20 for an autograph. I checked everything I could to make sure there were not any events on this weekend, and at the time there wasn't.

Anyone want to get me a wedding gift?

[This message has been edited by average Joe (edited 4/11/2013 2:52a).]
SECAg03
Average joe - email me at Dallas.shipp AT aggielandoutfitters.com. Ill get you taken care of.

And yes, you are free to bring any items for him to sign.

- Aggieland Outfitters
jd1990
I wish I was in town. (Still sad I had to move away and it ended up being in Austin. My Dad actually named me after Mr. Crow....did not end up very good at football but loved playing. Always interesting telling people that "David" was not my last name, my parents just wanted me to be called by BOTH my first and 2nd name.
tb9665
Sad to be charging when a person can get a NFL player free at events in Houston.
AgDiehard
S
Just wondering if anyone is up there yet? Trying to see what kind of a line (if any) there will be...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.