The Monkey Bar

4,112 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Scruffy
sweetrebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have to say I really enjoy the atmosphere at the Proudest Monkey, the food is so tasty, drinks are good - someone PLEASE help the service. I'm going on my 3rd visit, and it seems the staff needs direction - plenty of them, just need a plan. I really like this place but we did watch several leave due to no service. We were brought our check before our food ever arrived at our table, my husband told the server - we didn't get our food yet, she looked shocked, not to mention we had empty drink glasses for a while, missed opportunity to upsell some drinks Please help the Monkey I do like that place.

[This message has been edited by sweetrebel (edited 10/23/2012 3:54p).]
malibu9in1
I have been at least a dozen times...service was always top notch.
ShipWreckGrill
Love Proudest Monkey! I have only eaten there one time and the food was incredible.

I know the owner, Aaron Curs and he is a very stand-up guy. He owns bars in Northgate as well. I know that he is very open to feedback and will resolve any issues quickly.
txxwildcard
Bar Rescue!!!!! Call john taffton
Newbomb_Turk
I too like the Proudest Monkey quite a bit. The service does leave a lot to be desired, unless you sit at the bar where they can't help but see you.
sweetrebel
I'm so hopeful, thanks for good posts!
Proudest Monkey
sweetrebel,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We understand that having good food and drinks is pointless with no customers to serve them to. I'm very sorry that your experiences at the Proudest Monkey have left you desiring more out of our staff. As with any business, the buck stops at the top so I take full responsibility for any time our customer service is anything less than top notch. If you get a spare moment and can send me a message with more details (day, time, etc) I would love to have that info to quickly correct that specific incident. I will not stop until our customer service is impeccable and I would like to thank you again for giving us multiple chances and bringing this incident to my attention.

Thanks,
Aaron

Just realized you may not be able to message my account. If you have a moment you can send details to proudest.monkey.bryan@gmail.com. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Proudest Monkey (edited 10/23/2012 6:42p).]
Scruffy
ShinerBlonde
AG
We've always had excellent service there. One of my favorite bars. My only problem is that last time we went it was so packed we had to leave and go down the street to another bar. Gotta get there early.
techno-ag
AG
If you want good service, go to a chain.

I kid. Each place is different.
Swingline03
Very informative, thanks for sharing.
acp46
quote:
If you want good service, go to a chain.

Truer words were never spoken, and greater insight has never been given.
java94
AG
I have always enjoyed myself at the proudest monkey! Even spent a lot of time chatting with Mr. Shipwreck there one night. Good time every time. Never had an issue with service, but sometimes the drinks could stand to be colder.
RamblinStew
Proudest Monkey
acp46
The Self-Satisfied Simian!
Max06
AG
More menus would be very helpful. I was there during Texas Reds and there seemed to be one menu for every 10 people.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Great burgers! Great fish tacos! Great fries!

On occasion it has taken the food a bit too long to come out for my liking during the lunch hour (the only time I've been), but it has NOT kept me away at least once a week the last couple months.
malibu9in1
More menus would be very helpful. I was there during Texas Reds and there seemed to be one menu for every 10 people

I dont believe they get that kinda business very often to need that many menus. My kids got into a squabble over those frys! Good food...maybe some more menu items later on?
gopitt
I have not been yet. College crowd, older crowd, mixed?
Always happy to hear of another successful enterprise in downtown Bryan.
Max06
AG
quote:
I dont believe they get that kinda business very often to need that many menus. My kids got into a squabble over those frys! Good food...maybe some more menu items later on?

There was a maximum of 20-25 people in the whole place. If that's their "standard" business, I don't think they will be in business very long!

When we came in there were probably 5 tables, and a handful at the bar. We had to wait for a table to finish with their menu before we could look at it.
gspiller
quote:

There was a maximum of 20-25 people in the whole place. If that's their "standard" business, I don't think they will be in business very long!

When we came in there were probably 5 tables, and a handful at the bar. We had to wait for a table to finish with their menu before we could look at it.

so they have two menus?
Max06
AG
^ likely. There were none one the bar, the bartenders had none, I guess they were all on the [occupied] tables.

Regardless of how many they had, it was not enough.
malibu9in1
May I ask what kind of business you have Max?

Straight Talk
AG
One trip which was for a drink before the Sunday show at Stafford. Young waiter did not listen fully to what I wanted and the bartender was a little off on one of the drinks. Not a deal killer at all in fact we can't wait to go back and try again. I will be more careful if I get that waiter again, good luck to the place!
Max06
AG
quote:
May I ask what kind of business you have Max?

I don't own a business.
AboveAndBeyond
Going to check it out before the party at the stafford Friday.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Fish tacos are excellent and the dirty fries. Plus the ice cream "martinis". Definitely not your typical college crowd. More people in late 20's and 30's but some older and younger folks mixed in. Everyone I have brought there has loved it.
XI XI
Got tacos and a burger last time. Yummmmmm.....
AboveAndBeyond
quote:
Got tacos and a burger last time. Yummmmmm.....

Fatty

Just kidding. So what's this about fries?
Max06
AG
Dirty- salt, sugar & olive oil
Yuppy- salt, pepper, garlic & olive oil.
AboveAndBeyond
quote:
Dirty- salt, sugar & olive oil
Yuppy- salt, pepper, garlic & olive oil.

I cans get both?!
clintaggie04
AG
Owner is a Dave Matthews fan?
79MusicMan
place is still incredibly unequivocally mediocre at best. Too loud. Too crowded for such a small area. Poorly designed. Small TV's at the tables serve no purpose.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
place is still incredibly unequivocally mediocre at best. Too loud. Too crowded for such a small area. Poorly designed. Small TV's at the tables serve no purpose.

But it's in downtown. I'm willing to overlook a lot because of that alone.
acp46
Food there is good (chorizo burger!), acoustics are fine, interior is well-designed and looks nice. Great place. T&P for sour grapes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.