Suddenlink TV Guide on channel 13 missing

5,208 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Aggiefan#1
taxpreparer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know why. I have a TV in my bedroom that in not on a converter box. Lately when I tune to channel I get a "No signal" message.

Yes - I noticed the same thing about 3 days ago.

On their mess of a website, I think I was able to find a channel listing dated 12/15/11 that showed no channel 13 or tv guide channel anywhere else. Just another added feature for our $10 more a month!
Aggiefan#1
AG
Check out the new sponsor on here...

We can get you soooo much more for so much less.
Kitten With A Whip
Should we call 911 or the non-emergency number for this?!
SDLAshley
Hi - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your cable service. I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve. Feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!
taxpreparer
AG
Thank you Ashley for tracking down what happened.

Per Ashley, the TV Guide Channel was removed from the line-up on Jan17. I wish this was not case, and I wish Suddenlink would notify us when they are going to remove channels instead of them just disappearing.

The TV Guide Channel is probably not a high value channel to most people, but if you don't have the HD box or Tivo, now you don't have an electronic channel guide.
rc_cat
ah well - so much for that! I guess, as for many things, there's an app for that .... I'm off track one down...!
sunshine1
The loss of the channel guide (no matter what Suddenlink says) is simply a way to extract more $$ from you for their service. I'm told I can get a channel guide if I upgrade to HD programming. But I don't need HD programming, or the extra box, or the small increase in cost, and the other hassles that come with this company. I personally believe if Suddenlink sells a level of programming (basic cable, extended cable, etc) they should provide a cable guide for each of the services. If they don't think this is necessary maybe we (the people) need to contact our city council members in Bryan & CS and express disappointment with the way Suddenlink (municipal monopoly) is handling this. Maybe the next time Suddenlink is before the city Councils for their annual appearance, the Councils will have something to talk about. Put a guide back up.
Pale Rider
AG
That is completely ridiculous.

I have a Tivo with Suddenlink now (which has tons of issued) but had SL basic cable for a long time before that. Not having the TV guide channel would have been terrible.

As you said, just another way for them to force you to get a SL box for an additional $xx/month.

Of course im typing this as my SL internet is out.
taxpreparer
AG
As stated before, I like the guide; however, rc-cat is correct, I found an Android app (tv listings) that is even better than the TV Guide Channel (sans movies.)

And , I agree with you Palerider

[This message has been edited by taxpreparer (edited 1/27/2012 3:44p).]
bcstx06
Why do we have a monopoly on cable here? Why can't we have AT&T Uverse or Verizons cable service or any other like people in Houston and other areas have?
Scooley01
AG
Because we're a town with a population that fluctuates wildly every few months, providing little incentive to compete in an already fairly small market.
Aggiefan#1
AG
"Why do we have a monopoly on cable here? Why can't we have AT&T Uverse or Verizons cable service or any other like people in Houston and other areas have?"

We do a ton of business in Houston obviously. Our market share (despite all the competition) has sky rocketed while Dish ATT and Time Warner have slipped.

We offer the most channels, really cool technology, Whole Home DVR service that actually works well and WE SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY over suddenlink and we are in BCS.

A two room house with HD in every room with Whole Home DVR etc... runs $45.99 the first year in a two tv household and $65.99 the second year.

Suddenlink cannot touch that price and doesn't offer half the channel options or the technology that we have to offer.

Brent Harriman
Directv Home Service
(281) 358-0592
(877) 638-3388
brent@dtvhomeservice.com

[This message has been edited by Aggiefan#1 (edited 1/28/2012 10:15p).]
Tagguy
AG
quote:
The loss of the channel guide (no matter what Suddenlink says) is simply a way to extract more $$ from you for their service. I'm told I can get a channel guide if I upgrade to HD programming.

I lost that channel about a year ago. They told me that I would have to upgrade to a hd box which they would offer at a low rate. I am definitely glad that I've moved away and cancelled their service.

[This message has been edited by tagguy (edited 1/29/2012 8:31a).]
Kampfers
AG
Brent, the problem with DTV is twofold.

1. I'm still stuck getting Suddenlink for internet, and their non-bundled prices for that are outrageous. It cost about 10 bucks for us to add on basic cable.

2. As a college student, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to get roped into a two year contract when I have no idea where I will be living next year.
txdragonfly
AG
quote:
Because we're a town with a population that fluctuates wildly every few months, providing little incentive to compete in an already fairly small market.

Not an acceptable answer.

Out here in Athens (GA), the student population fluctuates more wildly than in BCS. Far fewer students stick around during winter and summer here. A large number of businesses are actually seasonal here as a result. Yet, depending upon where you live in Clarke County, options include: Charter, Xfinity, Uverse, DirecTV, and Dish.
txyaloo
AG
You have Suddenlink, OTA, Dish, and DTV for TV here. Minus Uverse, it's the same options.

Most cities have two options for internet. A cable based option and a DSL based option. B/CS has both of those. The DSL option is crappy due to slow speeds. I haven't really seen that many problems with SL. I know in some areas, with poor infrastructure, their internet service can be spotty.

This is a Verizon owned area so you will never see Uverse here. It's very doubtful Verizon will bring FIOS to B/CS in the next 5 years since they won't even upgrade their DSL infrastructure to support higher speeds.
Scooley01
AG
Anyone know what the unbundled price for Suddenlink internet is? I'll consider switching to DTV!

[This message has been edited by Scooley01 (edited 1/29/2012 2:53p).]
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Anyone know what the unbundled price for Suddenlink internet is? I'll consider switching to DTV!

I think I'm paying $35 a month for their 10/1 service. I have DTV and only internet through SL. I also use them for ClearQAM channels.
Aggiefan#1
AG
Here in Kingwood I pay $36 for Suddenlink Internet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.