Curious... Craft Brewery in CS?

1,044 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by TexAgg_IE
AggieBill005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
An Aggie has opened on in Sugarland, and more craft breweries/brewpubs are opening all over Texas. Is there any reason why College Station wouldn't or couldn't support a brewpub? It looks like one is trying to open up (New Republic?) but I can't seem to find much about it.

I lived in Lawrence, KS for a year, and the town (much smaller than BCS) supports a brew pub and a microbrewery (Free State Brewing Co.). I found myself wishing like hell that CS had something like that when I was a student.
techno-ag
AG
We have had them before and they went out of business. Rumors are another micro brewery is trying to locate downtown. A BJs is supposedly opening at POM too. Dunno if they'll brew their own or truck the suds in from Houston.
Newbomb_Turk
RIP, Brazos Brewing Co. and Burton Creek Pub.
WhiskeyCharlie
There was a notice in the eagle a few months back that Republic Steakhouse was applying for a brewpub license. TABC shows they have been approved and have a current Brewpub license.

No active or pending brewers permits though. So not sure if New Republic has leaped out of the home brew stage yet.
capn-mac
Actually, I believe that is New Republic Brewing Co., with the TABC license, and not Republic Steakhouse.

As far as I know, NRBC has no intentions of diluting their business model by attempting to serve food or the like (which is what always seemed to 'doom' the previous attempts at this).

Now, I think Republic Steakhouse intends to add "brewpub" service to the existing facility--but, that's a shade different. That's in being able to market microbrews.

But, I could have that backwards, too (other than I get NRPC updates on f/b)
CosmoTX
capn-mac is correct.

New Republic will be a production brewery and make beer. They will not be a brewpub serving food.
TexAgg_IE
AG
New Republic should have their license in about a month. It's a long delay from submission to it being granted.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.