NTB or Discount Tire?

23,742 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by AggieBB
snicks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Give me your feedback. I can get the same price at both places, but which has better service. Any great or horrible comments?
AggieBB
AG
Did you check Sams Club's prices? Ive always gotten tires from Discount due to price, but got them at Sams last week because they were significantly less than Discount.

NTB was the highest of all 3 but promised they would "match" a price. I told them no thanks. If they can match prices with competitors then why are they charging $30 more for tire for the same tire? Why not give your best price to begin with so it doesnt appear that you're trying to get people to pay a premium? IMO it just makes you look bad.
BrazosDog02
AG
Id use Discount Tire because if you press them, you can get discounts or 'deals' that arent advertised. If they dont budge, then they will almost always match or beat the other guys.

You can haggle them down and end up with a good deal and some freebies most of the time. Thats been my experience.
Smokin Chisel
AG
I tried NTB, called told them the size of the tire and needed 4 was told they had them come on in. Got in the vehicle drove up there had someone follow so I could go back to work, when I got there I was told they would have to order them and they were more thatn the quote over the phone. Left there went to discount without calling dropped the vehicle off they mounted and balanced the tires and called me an hour and a half later told me it was ready. I was very happy with the service and have outfitted other vehicles there.

I also had good service at the tire store in bryan right by the bend on Texas it is a yellow building, can't remember the name. HTH
AgFan1999
AG
if you schedule an appointment at Discount you can be out of there in 30-45 minutes.
TKDMom
We've always had good luck with Discount. Not only that, but a few years ago my mom was visiting and got a screw in her tire. They fixed the flat at no charge, even though she didn't buy the tires from them, just because we were regular customers.
Buck Laughlin
AG
We've had the same experience as TKDMom. Your history can be pulled up at any Discount location and they have always been willing to help us whether the tire is from them or on a new car. In fact, I have a 9:45 appt tomorrow morning...
AggieBarstool
Firestone > *
who8p
Discount hands down.

I had a terrible experience on Sun, some of the worst customer service I have ever had in any industry. They also missed 2 nails in my tire, telling me it was a small leak and couldn't fix it. How do you miss that? (the manager will know about this employee)

Went to Discount to get my tire fixed and they were super helpful. I walked in and groaned because there were about 10 people ahead of me in line, but there were 6 different people waiting to help customers. I got out a lot faster than expected, and they were unbelievably nice.

[This message has been edited by who8p (edited 10/30/2009 6:07p).]
GoneGirl
AG
I'd go with Discount Tire - always got good service from them. We used NTB for a battery once, and paid through the nose for it, overpriced and they "nickle and dime" you with a ton of random fees.
csagyo
Discount will fix flats or rotate tires no matter where you bought them for free. Any one can do this.
Aggeepop
AG
I've had good experiences at Sam's and Discount. The only reason I went to Sam's was b/c Discount is always so dang busy!! I guess that tells you something right there. I won't go into details but, the manager there fixed me up several years back after I had bought tires there and it was probably the best service after the sell that I have ever experienced. They run a great business there.

I've never used NTB so, I can't help you there.

Wow, that's a lot of there's there.

[This message has been edited by Aggeepop (edited 10/30/2009 6:35p).]
Mon Dow 2000
AG
Discount Tire - Good
NTB - BAD!!!
TheMathGuy
I have a friend that started a new Mobile Tire business... I am going to use him next time!

That is Service!

It is called Jarvis Mobile Tire Service...
He just started a couple of months ago and I hope he is successful.

I know it is not Discount or NTB but I struggle to even get mediocre service at either one... I hate having to wait a minimum of 45min to get to the bay.
bball73
Really liked and used Discount years ago when town was a lot smaller but now they've just got too much business. Its a real zoo there. Didn't know about being able to make appointments - that might help. Still that wouldn't solve the problem I ran into of picking up a flat, changing it, wanting to drop it off and finding I'd have to wait in a 20 person line just to do that. I guess if I had presence of mind of call for an appt right after I get the flat? Or maybe they could have an express line?
Pro Sandy
AG
I always go to Discount because of the price and customer service. You buy a tire, get the $8 warranty and if your tire goes bad, you get a free one with the warranty then buy a new $8 warranty! I bought the 4 tires on my truck there and will never pay more than the $8/tire warranty for a new tire again. I've never had a bad case of customer service there.
AggieBB
AG
You dont really think you're only going to have to pay $8 a tire forever right? Your post kind of makes it sound that way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.