LensCrafters or EyeMasters?

3,018 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Cheer
AggieGraduate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am buying glasses this week and would just like to know which everyone prefers - and why? Also looking for any spectacular deal going on right now on eyeglasses.....
CEAg78
AG
We buy our eyeglasses at EyeMasters, purely for convenience and habit.

Re: specials--My husband and I both got no-line bifocals about one month apart. Different specials, virtually the same price. Conclusion: specials don't matter; there is always one going.

You can observe a lot by just watching.
wapa
I got my recent pair of glasses at Lenscrafters. Nothing special about the experience but I like my glasses. They took awhile to get back but I was told it was because my vision is so bad that my lenses take longer. Being blind sucks.
MisterShipWreck
I have used Eyemasters many times. I was going to choose between the two several years ago. Eyemasters has a much bigger selection.
chloelee
I prefer Eyemasters. They have done a great job for me. They broke a pair of my glasses doing an adjustment and gave me a completely free pair.
whosaidthat
Eyemasters
FortySomethingAg
Eyemasters has a far better selection.
aggieann
AG
goggles4u.com

To find out about the retail eyeglasses scam, go to http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com/

aggie1944
Find a pair of frames you like. Make note of the frame style and #. Then purchase them from framesdirect.com I can usually find the same frames for as much as 50% less than either Lenscrafters or Eyemasters. I've never used that site for my lenses though.
AggieGraduate
Anyone ever use Budget Opticals on University Dr. Any opinions about them?

AggieGraduate
optag
Eyemasters. They tend to screw things up less often.
Cheer
AG
I just went to Eyemasters today trying to get new lenses. RIDICULOUSLY expensive. first of all, they can't put new lenses in my rimless frames because no one does drill mounts any more. so new lens were going to run me $180 MINIMUM for the most basic lenses at Eyemasters, plus new frames. lucky for me (ha) frames are on sale for $60. rimless frames there normally cost $250. so $240.

so I tried Sam's Club and Walmart. Sam's Club quoted me $110 minimum for lenses and $120 for rimless frames, and were NOT willing to work with my budget (it was originally $150 for just lenses, I had to stretch it to $200 to cover frames). Walmart was the only store willing to work with me, and they got it as close as possible to $200 as they could, and I can pay in installments.
aggieann
AG
Cheer, I got two pairs of rimless glasses at goggles4u.com for less than $60 total, shipping included. I'd encourage anyone to give it a try.
AgInAggieland
cheer, fyi. i went over to the eye shop on 29th in the shopping center not far off st. joes. i cant recall even it is was tso or whatever, but they do lenses only from what i heard the guy tell a customer. It wasn't the racket that you get at the mall. check them out and let me know. i need some new reading specs.
Cheer
AG
I've already placed the order for my new glasses. so unless these new ones don't work out, I don't plan on getting another pair anytime soon. I will keep these other places in mind though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.