Outdoors
Sponsored by

Which bq is teaching band in Bolivia!?

854 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by JeremiahJohnson
marcel ledbetter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in the middle of nowhere Bolivia and the local band kids are practicing for an event tonight. I've heard the Marine hymn, Johnny Comes Marching Home, and they just finished the Ballad of theGreen Berets! Since it's almost game time, I feel like I'm supposed to be getting ready for march in! I expect to hear yells any minute.
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably a band director who heard the Aggie Band on YouTube.
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTW, was it the same Green Berets the Aggie Band plays? We should get some royalty $$$, if so
Hank the Grifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jorge Quiroga, former President of Bolivia about 25 years ago, was class of '81.

No. That's not a joke.

I wonder if he imported some of Aggieland into his homeland?
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
marcel ledbetter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The music is from the local Catholic Church. There's a celebration going on tonight. What's neat is the Church has a very long tradition of teaching classical music to the locals down here. It dates back a couple centuries or more. The kids are surprisingly good. I enjoyed their performance tonight. As a side note, this area was a brutal location to establish missions.
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I took wildlife ecology with a Bolivian at A&M. Now he has a fishing outfitter in Bolivia. Great guy. He was on Meat Eater a few years ago.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.