Outdoors
Sponsored by

WFC- woodworkers for a cause- WoodWhisperer annual fundraiser

833 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by SoulSlaveAG2005
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since there are a few woodworkers on this forum that share projects and knowledge, i figured it's okay to share this here.

Wood whisperer has an annual fundraiser that started out raising funds to fight cancer, and it has evolved to fundraising to support a cause. This year it is raising funds to support Rob Cossman's Purple Heart project.

Concept is simple, build projects, bid on nice stuff, or donate money.

I reached out to them to see if posting on here would be consistent with their goals of the fundraiser, as they provide a free WW build plan set for people sharing, and I don't do other social media channels. They have graciously said yes, so I'm sharing with my extended Aggie network.

Here is a link to the page:

https://thewoodwhisperer.com/wfc/?sh_kit=e199b7060b5dcc0d6d0876a53d8b86e7897cb9d6c15c0ca9c66b653c353cea1f


To be consistent, here are pics of what I am about to start building once I finish another set of planter boxes. A friend wanted this LP cabinet, made with solid walnut and brass (sent me an AI image to show desired product). I have very little sketch up skills, but with the help of their free AI tool and modeling software have set out the dimensions and plans in a way I can now start a cut list, joinery plan and panel glue up. Once I get into the build, I'll post some update pics here too.

Also posting my receipt of donation as part of participation, some really cool stuff on the auction too.






SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spent some time getting boards ripped and ready for panel glue ups. Filled knots with epoxy. Broke down and bought an entry level dust collector. Amazing how much quieter and more dust it sucks than a shop vac. Brass came in also. I think this will turn out nice…. Not Agrams level but still a fun build.




Tx95Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like an awesome project and you're off to a great start.
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thx. Got first side panel glued up. Will work on back and other side panels next weekend. I Need more clamps…
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
good bull!

I had done Beads of Courage for a few years a while back. Glad you are partaking in this effort!
lurker76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This looks like a great cause. I've seen Rob Cosman videos on YouTube and he really seems to know his stuff.
Nice design on the album cabinet. What is the estimated capacity? Your Sketchup skills are pretty good.I'm trying to learn it myself to help layout and finalize projects. I have a lot to learn yet.
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lurker76 said:

This looks like a great cause. I've seen Rob Cosman videos on YouTube and he really seems to know his stuff.
Nice design on the album cabinet. What is the estimated capacity? Your Sketchup skills are pretty good.I'm trying to learn it myself to help layout and finalize projects. I have a lot to learn yet.


Not sure on capacity as it depends on how thick the vinyl sleeves are. But here are the general dimensions.

36 1/4" high
25.5" wide

Bottom shelf starts 2" from bottom, top shelf ends 2" from top to create the space below and above.

Each shelf has 15" of height between and should have about 24" of space between each side and 14" from back to the brass bar.

The back panel is inset by 3/4" to allow for a French cleat hanger.


A design element I'm considering but need to pitch to the friend is to soften the top and bottom sections by angling or adding a slight curve to the sides.
rednecked
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
donated. Woodwhisperer is kind of annoying to me but he knows his stuff. I really like Cosman and enjoy his videos.
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Small update. Each cabinet will have a brass bar across the front to hold the records in place. Shopped some hardware and found some brass cabinet pull disks. Decided with the friend to use these disks on the outside as they look like a record and will cover the small insert that will hold the bar. Will recess the disk about 1/8th inch so they are flush with the outside.

Regarding the fundraiser- big day is today and looks like it is on track to meet their goal. I'm out bid on all of the items, but glad it's working out for the charity.

SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Put my kid to work to help with dry fits. Got all but 1 dado cut before calling it a day. Shelves are being glued up, and still need to be cut to size.

Tomorrow is last dado day, shelf final size cuts and then start sanding,

I goofed on the middle dado on right side. Though my straight edge was square… it wasn't. :/

Might cut some corner trim accent pieces to glue in and cover the goof.



Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.