Outdoors
Sponsored by

Doomsday Vehicle

2,949 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HumpitPuryear
Conroe_Ag_8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are gearing up a new rig from scratch. What Make/model/year are you starting with?

(Posting to Automotive board to compare notes)
Ag92NGranbury
AG
Moon buggy?

or...

jbeaman88
AG
Just an old white F150 xl 4x4 with a 300 straight 6. No lift or anything special on the exterior in order to appear as unassuming and stealthy as possible.
zachsccr
AG
94 suburban. Pretty sure you could paint an Israeli flag on the hood, drive through Palestine, and come out unscratched.
giddings_ag_06
AG

SGrem
3/4 ton Suburban.

But won't really need a vehicle.....there will be vehicles all over the place....
Www.gowithgrem.com
Ribeye-Rare
AG
You did say doomsday, so here ya go:
RockwallAg
AG
Toyota Helix
Toyota Land Cruiser
90's-Early 2000's Tahoe
Armored Mercedes G-Wagon
Tumble Weed
A grey mare.

Anything gas powered ain't gonna last long.
clobby
AG
sail boat
Average Joe
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

I already drive one similar to this on the lease.
SteveBott
AG
I had a 94 suburban. It was as said a tank. All metal and you could sleep in the back while hunting. Sold it to a friend who gave to his never do well brother in law and saved his life.

On the Sam toll road had stop and a Mack truck behind didn't. Slammed him so hard it crashed all the way to middle seat. He walked away. He still is alive and getting his life turned around. Seeing God in the rear view mirror will do that.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

A driver in Utah got stuck on a dirt road on a Utah mountain after Google led him there on a "shortcut," authorities said.

The driver, who was identified only as a 23-year-old man, and his Toyota Tercel became stuck Thursday on the west side of Strawberry Peak,

"This was the shortcut that Google recommended between Springville and Vernal," officials said.
ok, cross the Toyota Tercel off the list.
GAC06
AG
zachsccr said:

94 suburban. Pretty sure you could paint an Israeli flag on the hood, drive through Palestine, and come out unscratched.

They didn't do so well in Colombia in Clear And Present Danger
TheVarian
AG
Love me some killdozer
LOYAL AG
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

A driver in Utah got stuck on a dirt road on a Utah mountain after Google led him there on a "shortcut," authorities said.

The driver, who was identified only as a 23-year-old man, and his Toyota Tercel became stuck Thursday on the west side of Strawberry Peak,

"This was the shortcut that Google recommended between Springville and Vernal," officials said.
ok, cross the Toyota Tercel off the list.

Hopefully our doomsday scenario includes Google being eliminated as well.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
StockHorseAg
AG
I would choose a sure footed horse or mule. They can go just about anywhere a person can go, you don't have to worry about fuel and it would be a lot more stealthy than anything with a motor.
Tumble Weed
StockHorseAg said:

I would choose a sure footed horse or mule. They can go just about anywhere a person can go, you don't have to worry about fuel and it would be a lot more stealthy than anything with a motor.
Username checks out.

Wish that we had more equestrian threads on this board.
O.G.
Accept no substitute.

Ribeye-Rare
AG
TheVarian said:

Love me some killdozer
I wondered who would recognize it.

For those unfamiliar with the story of this 'nut' :
Quote:

Marvin John Heemeyer (October 28, 1951 June 4, 2004) was an American automobile muffler repair shop owner who demolished numerous buildings with a modified bulldozer in Granby, Colorado in 2004.

Heemeyer had various grudges against Granby town officials, neighbors of his muffler shop, the local press, and various other citizens of Granby.

Over about eighteen months, Heemeyer secretly armored a Komatsu D355A bulldozer with layers of steel and concrete.

On Friday, June 4, 2004, Heemeyer used the bulldozer to demolish the Granby town hall, the house of a former mayor, and several other buildings.

He killed himself after the bulldozer became stuck in a hardware store he was destroying. [One of the dozer's tracks dropped through into the basement of the hardware store he was destroying].

No one else was injured or killed, in part due to timely evacuation orders.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Tumble Weed said:

StockHorseAg said:

Username checks out.

Wish that we had more equestrian threads on this board.

A "leetle mule" is a great suggestion!
Independence H-D
This.

Just because I've always wanted one.

HumpitPuryear
AG
Late 70s early 80s Mercedes diesel wagon. 240D or 300D. Ideally with a 4spd manual. Not sexy. Not fast. But they burn anything put in the tank and have been proving themselves in the world's **** hole 3rd world countries for decades.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.