Outdoors
Sponsored by

Wenzel's - Hamilton, Tx - Needs Help!

2,459 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Ark03
GentrysMillTX10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the below email from Wenzel's…this would be devastating to my family. We eat our Wenzel processed venison on average twice a week year-round! We have come to trust wenzel's quality and their blends of ground meat. We have 2 types of ground venison from them - one is 20% bacon and the other is ~ 10% beef fat. We use either of them, depending on the meal being prepared.

From Wenzel's:

To the many of our valued deer customers
we would like to say
"Thank You!"
for letting us serve you.

Due to the fact that Melinda is retiring
and the lack of help,
"we may not be Processing Deer this year".
If You know someone that is
driven & passionate about quality ...
Please send them our way.

We rely on word of mouth referrals for much of our business. If you enjoyed your experience with us, please tell your friends by sharing this email on your social networks or forwarding to their email address.

We appreciate your support!
cupofjoe04
AG
Ugh, that would be bad. We use Wenzel's, and have for decades. Their smoked cheese is amazing!

I'm hoping they can find someone to run the wild game side… I'm sure taking a year or two off from that would hurt their business. Really good people in there.
ccard257
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

We eat our Wenzel processed venison on average twice a week year-round!

Really hope they find someone, they make great stuff.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Seems it's official….

We are truly sorry!

Think before you shoot.

Where are you going to take your deer to be processed?

Due to the fact that Melinda has retired
and the lack of help,

We will not be Processing Deer this year.

If you are interested in purchasing some of our seasonings, let us know.
We have our Summer Sausage, German Sausage, Breakfast Sausage, Old World, Jalapeno & Cheese, and Italian Seasonings.

We know It not deer,
but we carry all of your favorite sausages in the market.

wenzellonestarmeat.com
AgFutureman
AG
This is terrible news. Best I've ever had.
BurnetAggie99
Sucks to hear that. I like their stuff. Theres M&M in Lampasas & Griffith in Burnet.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
I'm think I'm going to try Broken O in Comanche this season.

Hamilton quality meats is an option but I've never been impressed with anything from there.
cupofjoe04
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

I'm think I'm going to try Broken O in Comanche this season.

Hamilton quality meats is an option but I've never been impressed with anything from there.

My family has a ranch near Hamilton, and lots of family in town. I've been going down there multiple times per year for 40+ years. I've never had a really good product or experience from Hamilton Quality Meats either.

Wenzel's is where we got almost all our deer done. Guess I'll be doing them all at home now. At least I can still go and buy some smoked cheese and bite my butt rub.
mosdefn14
AG
If you're coming back to the metroplex from that part of the world, Joshua Deer Processing does a decent all around job. Not super fond of the breakfast sausage though.
Deats99
AG
When we moved east of the Metroplex I used kuby's for a while but their deer mixing turned me off. I now go out to Gorman's in Terrell.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
JB93
Cinnamon Creek in Roanoke for sausage options
aggie-1997
AG
Any good recommendations closer to College Station? I have been using Wentzel for over 15 years and need to find a new processor. Wife shot an Axis this weekend, so would like to find someone soon. Appreciate any help.
BurnetAggie99
My buddy uses Broken Tine in Snook.
Aggie1205
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

Seems it's official….

We are truly sorry!

Think before you shoot.

and the lack of help,

We have our Summer Sausage, German Sausage, Breakfast Sausage, Old World, Jalapeno & Cheese, and Italian Seasonings.

We know It not deer,

wenzellonestarmeat.com

I wonder how much they are paying? They may have unrealistic expectations for a role like this. Don't get me wrong, finding good help can be a challenge, but sometimes you see cases where people complain they can't get good help but pay a wage that isn't going to attract it.
Ark03
AG
Aggie1205 said:

GentrysMillTX10 said:

Seems it's official….

We are truly sorry!

Think before you shoot.

and the lack of help,

We know It not deer,

wenzellonestarmeat.com

I wonder how much they are paying? They may have unrealistic expectations for a role like this. Don't get me wrong, finding good help can be a challenge, but sometimes you see cases where people complain they can't get good help but pay a wage that isn't going to attract it.
Yeah, I think they've already made their decision. And I doubt it was really Melinda. They were fine as a processor, but I'll bet the margins weren't there for processing. I suspect they want to focus on their business as a specialty smoked meats retailer, and it took a lot of infrastructure and payroll to keep the wild game processing side running, especially with the growing concerns and risk from CWD.

It's just business, and Melinda retiring gave them a scapegoat to deflect the comments.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.