Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking to purchase a used gheenoe

798 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Charismatic Megafauna
KlinkerAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in the market for a used Gheenoe. Looking to spend around $6000 dollars.

Really just want a marsh boat to fly fish in (middle Texas coast) and I feel like this suits my needs.

Was considering a solo skiff, but my son really has an interest in fishing and I want to be able to take him a long (Hes 4 and a half)

If anyone sees anything for sale or knows of anything for sale feel free to message me or respond to this thread.

Also, any advice on how to look and purchase I'd appreciate it. I have never bought a boat or any recreational item before, so I'm pretty green on where to look and how to go about purchasing a boat.
Watchful Ag
AG
I have nothing to add except that I saw the coolest Gheenoe a few weeks back in the parking lot of Bass Pro Shops Pearland. They're neat little boats.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I asked a similar question about these a couple months back. The guys that had owned them dissuaded me from going this route with kids. Evidently they are not great for young kids, perhaps they will chime in with their reasons again. Instead, they have me looking for a jon until the kids get bigger.
KlinkerAg11
AG
Interesting, thanks for letting me know.

I just know that for what I'd like to do I feel that the gheenoe works best (fly fishing).

But the kids information is something I need to consider now, thanks for letting me know.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I thought gheenoes were cool too but decided if i was going to trailer and register something I'd just get a real boat. That said, my oldest and i had a lot of fun fishing christmas Bay on my hobie outback like this when he was about that age
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.