Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ocelots

3,269 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by plowboy1065
Uncle Nasty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need help posting pic from game cam but would be curious if I am looking at an ocelot

Have a bobcat walking by same camera and patterns look different

Camera is in Webb county but I had only heard on the cats being in the Laguna Atascosa area
water turkey
Could be. The East Foundation has them on one of their ranches along the coast and they are planning to start relocating them to another one of their ranches further inland.

cupofjoe04
AG
Upload the picture to a hosting service like Imgur. Copy the link, and post it in a reply on this thread.

Hoping for a picture of a real ocelot. Expecting a picture of a bobcat. Ha ha!
Uncle Nasty
https://imgur.com/5YoF7lj
Uncle Nasty

Uncle Nasty

cledus6150
AG
Bobcat zero doubt
Gunny456
AG
Bobcat. Key is the more pointed ears and the tuffs on top of the ears. Ocelots ears rounded and no tuffs.
TAMUallen
AG
Colorful bobcat
Uncle Nasty
Appreciate the replies…our bobcats typically don't have that much marking all over their bodies
Wodanaz
AG
That's the mounting type. Very pretty bobcat!
Deerdude
Im in north Webb out of Encinal. About 25 years ago now, wife and I were walking a sendero. Topped a slight rise and what didn't fit anything else was a cat slightly smaller than a Bobcat, patterned and tail about as long as the body. Must have been Ocelot, sitting on a terrace in middle of road. Watchedmaybe 20-30 seconds before it stood up and casually walked off the sendero out of sight.
tamc91
AG
Similar thing happened to me during a management doe hunt about 30 years ago on a ranch in So Texas. I'd been in a blind for over an hour, and looked behind me back down the hardpacked 2-track road. An ocelot jumped out of the thick brush and slowly walked about 25 feet, then hopped back into the brush. No trace due to the packed soil.

When the biologist (a buddy from WFSC) and ranch manager picked me up, I told them what I saw. The manager knew I was a biologist and said something like "you didn't see anything, but I agree that what you didn't see wasn't a bobcat".
AG
Wodanaz said:

That's the mounting type. Very pretty bobcat!

Woah! Woah there big boy!

There's support groups for people who share your... uh... proclivities
Jackrabbit Ag
AG
Whoa!!

Ag 11
AG
Cool cat!
Apache
AG
Reminds me of one that I let walk several years ago.
Too pretty to shoot I thought.

yippee2
AG
water turkey said:

Could be. The East Foundation has them on one of their ranches along the coast and they are planning to start relocating them to another one of their ranches further inland.

Not to high jack this thread but the mention of East foundation brings to mind the book named "Roberts story " . It's available on amazon and one of the absolute best books I have read. It's about Robert East death or some say murder and how his fortune was taken from him.
cupofjoe04
AG
yippee2 said:

water turkey said:

Not to high jack this thread but the mention of East foundation brings to mind the book named "Roberts story " . It's available on amazon and one of the absolute best books I have read. It's about Robert East death or some say murder and how his fortune was taken from him.

Did an ocelot kill him, or did someone use an ocelot to kill him? How do you train a murder ocelot?
Wodanaz
AG
Think I got the rec to read that on an OB book thread and did. It is pretty crazy how his whole isolation and end-of-life went down.
TAMUallen
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

yippee2 said:

water turkey said:

Did an ocelot kill him, or did someone use an ocelot to kill him? How do you train a murder ocelot?

If you don't know how the cartels do it, don't ask!
water turkey
yippee2 said:

water turkey said:

Oh man, I've got to read that!
Deerdude
Sad really that common sense and history dictate that it's better to keep it to yourself than to report to TPW or guv?
maroon barchetta
Apache said:

Reminds me of one that I let walk several years ago.
Too pretty to shoot I thought.

Good call.

That's a handsome beast. Let him go make more.
CW Griswold
plowboy1065
S
yippee2 said:

water turkey said:

Great article and intro of the book
https://texasborderbusiness.com/the-horrible-death-of-robert-east-caused-by-elder-abuse/?amp
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.