Outdoors
Sponsored by

Who wants to buy our Land Cruiser?

3,990 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by One-Eyed Fat Man
One-Eyed Fat Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll be traveling back to Zambia in the fall to wrap things up and sell our 2016 Land Cruiser Series 70 wagon. It's diesel, 4wd, has a Frontrunner roof rack a d bull guard. Also has a winch and an air compressor. About 85,000 km. It's right hand drive. All maintenance records available. It's a beast. Buyer responsible for shipping to the US. Comes with a preinstalled Doss sticker. Available in November.

RCR06
AG
Asking price?
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
$42,000. I have no knowledge of the requirements of importing it. Freight and import costs are
The buyer's responsibility.
OnlyForNow
AG
Wow! Post this on the auto board!! Yea
SWCBonfire
AG
I bet it never makes it off the continent. Might post it on Australian 4wheeler message boards, those guys apparently travel to Africa regularly and have vehicles they leave there.
aggiepaintrain
AG
It can not be imported to the US
has to be 25 years old.

Thank you EPA
B-1 83
AG
A real Land Cruiser and not a "Blacktop Cruiser" as seen in suburbia.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
KALALL
AG
Could you ship it to Mexico and drive it across the border? Is there any work around on getting it registered?
aggiepaintrain
AG
kaleb_allison said:

Could you ship it to Mexico and drive it across the border? Is there any work around on getting it registered?

You could put a dealer tag on it for the next 20 years
FIDO 96
AG
This. There is a reason you don't see new(er) 70 series in the US

Don't worry, it will soon be stolen and used by ISIS. It will be sad, but kinda cool, to know it was destroyed by a Ginsu fired from a Reaper
Jason_InfinityRoofer
FIDO 96 said:

This. There is a reason you don't see new(er) 70 series in the US

Don't worry, it will soon be stolen and used by ISIS. It will be sad, but kinda cool, to know it was destroyed by a Ginsu fired from a Reaper

If it shows up in a CNN article on the main page with the DOSS sticker on it and a .50 cal mounted on top, we're going to have a real texags legend on our hands.
flyingaggie12
AG
There's an old land rover defender that I've seen a couple times with Mexican plates but obviously not based in Mexico.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it weren't for the idiotic regulations from our government betters. Instead of a vehicle good for 500,000 miles, we're moving towards a future of mandated throw away cars that are disposable when the battery gives out.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
O.G.
kaleb_allison said:

Now you're thinking.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
O.G. said:

kaleb_allison said:

Now you're thinking.

All you have to do is tell me which cargo company you want me to drop it at and wire me the $$$. Where it goes from there is up to you
MookieBlaylock
AG
A true chosen one would drive a Jeep Wrangler in Africa
carl spacklers hat
Where would it ship out of in Africa?

Edit to add: What's the story on the windshield?
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Guitarsoup
AG
kaleb_allison said:

Just keep it in paper plates in Houston.
OverSeas AG
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

A true chosen one would drive a Jeep Wrangler in Africa

I laughed. Wonder what he is up to now. Really thought he was gonna die.
Aggiewanabe
I'm looking for a vehicle of this type for a charity located in Jenka, Ethiopia who works with the indigenous tribes of the Omo Valley. Let me see what it would take to get it there.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
I sent a reply to Tam1379 on this matter. My guess is it would be a 4-5 day drive from Zambia. I drove to Arusha once and it was a good two days. That said, it was a beautiful drive. Perhaps a mission team fro
The US could take that on as a project.

Not positive on all the requirements but one is interpol clearance (not stolen) and insurance to cover while traveling across several countries. Neither are big deals.

Actually not as bad as I thought. 59 hours per Google Maps. Of course that doesn't take border crossing times in to account. https://goo.gl/maps/Rj8yAjPZoLacg8Uj6
tamc91
AG
What part of Zambia? I work with an educational non-profit based in Kaoma in the Western Province that is in desperate need of another 4x4 to get to students in remote villages. That would be perfect but maybe a bit out of their budget.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
tamc91 said:

What part of Zambia? I work with an educational non-profit based in Kaoma in the Western Province that is in desperate need of another 4x4 to get to students in remote villages. That would be perfect but maybe a bit out of their budget.

Lusaka. Our game plan is to go together on August 25. I'll stay for a week to get the vehicle serviced and then return to Atlanta.

The wife will stay for +/- 3 months to wrap up projects and pack our remaining stuff to bring home. I'll go back in late October/early November to help with packing and to finalize the sale of the Land Cruiser. My best guess is it would be available to a buyer around the third week of November.

We've serviced it as scheduled with a Toyota authorized shop in Chipata and have all service records.

It's not shown in the pics but we have a jerrycan holder on the roof rack above the right back door and two jerrycans. Also a second spare and mount for the roof rack. Having a built in air compressor is nice to have for low tires and cleaning air filters.
tamc91
AG
How can someone get in touch with you? WISE Zambia's in-country executive director's husband works in Lusaka often and may be able to take a look when you're there.

If you're unfamiliar with WISE, they supports women's vocational and agricultural education, and they have a student scholarship program with over 400 students in secondary schools and colleges. They only have one 4x4 Toyota pick up, and could really use another like this.
RichardSplet
Whatever happened to that guy?
ElGoatarod
AG
I'm not in the market for a vehicle, but I would like to contact you about Zambia. I have some water well drilling questions. What's the best way to reach you?
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
tamc91 said:

How can someone get in touch with you? WISE Zambia's in-country executive director's husband works in Lusaka often and may be able to take a look when you're there.

If you're unfamiliar with WISE, they supports women's vocational and agricultural education, and they have a student scholarship program with over 400 students in secondary schools and colleges. They only have one 4x4 Toyota pick up, and could really use another like this.

Thanks for the interest.
cjohnson78061 at gmail dot com
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
flyingaggie12 said:

There's an old land rover defender that I've seen a couple times with Mexican plates but obviously not based in Mexico.

It's crazy what they cost here vs what the go for over there.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Where would it ship out of in Africa?

Edit to add: What's the story on the windshield?

I'd actually forgotten about that. We had to replace our windshield not long before we came home in March 2020. It was leaking a little around the top edge but we didn't have time to fix it. An easy fix, just newd to get it done when we go back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.