Outdoors
Sponsored by

Boat trailer fender replacement

1,031 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by drred4
drred4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a 19ft tran cat and it is on a trailer they used prior to them using coastline. Tire blew and destroyed the fender and some of the carpeted plywood. Is there any place close to CS that can replace this for me besides trying to get a coastline fender to fit on the trailer. Rather have someone close by than drive to Seadrift. This trailer company is not in business anymore. Thanks
BrazosDog02
AG
I apologize if this sounds dumb but I'm completely unfamiliar with the trailer. At any rate, fenders are nothing more than stamped steel tack welded to a frame. You can buy fenders at tractor supply and have a local "just about anyone" weld it on. Wood replacement is a different story but I can't imagine it being too involved if we're talking about a boat trailer.

Again, if you're trailer is special or it's hot dip galvanized then this advice may not apply.
ecoag80
AG
Same thing happened to me, I called the trailer mfg (McLane) and bought a replacement from them. They shipped it and was easily installed.

Try the mfg...

Good Luck..
RCR06
AG
OP said trailer company was no longer in business.
drred4
Correct trailer company is out of business and this is galvanized. I am pretty sure I can get a coastline fender with plywood to fit but was hoping their would be a closer alternative. The plywood aids in alignment of boat on trailer. I may call tran to see if he has another option closer. If not I guess I will drove to Seadrift.
MouthBQ98
AG
I just repaired and upgraded my boat trailer at home. granted I have the gear to do it. Any fab shop should be able to imitate the good side to repair the bad and send the parts to be dipped.
drred4
Thanks, I may just take it off and try that
OldAg68
AG
I replaced the axles and hubs on my 2009 McClain trailer last year (got the Vault hubs). I bought the axles/hubs from McClain and had them installed by Texas Custom & Accessories in Bryan. They do a lot of custom work on trailers, RVs, vehicles, etc. They did a great job. They are up north on Hwy 6. 979 778 0626. I'm guessing they could get it done.
drred4
Thanks for the info
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.