Outdoors
Sponsored by

Limiting ammo sales in Dallas

3,496 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SACR
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Was at Academy earlier, limiting sales to three boxes per customer per day.

Their shelves were almost completely empty, and gun racks in sales were empty, also.

"Shelter in place" lockdown starts midnight tomorrow.
HSEAG13
So how many rolls of toilet paper do you currently have?
SharkinAg
AG
The key is to have at least one box of ammo per roll of toilet paper.

Edit to add: but in all seriousness this is a mess. Good luck and be safe. I'm sure much of our state is not far behind you.
SACR
AG
HSEAG13 said:

Funny story about that, my dad mentioned he was running low, so I stop and grabbed a pack on my weekly trip to the grocery store. When I drop it on the counter, he says, "Oh, you've joined the hoarders now?"

I did buy six gallons of Blue Bell ice cream, but that happens to be his one addiction in life, and they were on sale. His annual vacation trip with his brothers was cancelled, so I bought it to cheer him up.
Slamn Sharpe
I'm standing outside the Academy in College Station and bought what looks like the last 3 boxes of 9 mm (200 count) on the shelf. I'm wondering if they're placing more out as the shelf goes empty?
Slamn Sharpe
SACR said:

HSEAG13 said:

Funny story about that, my dad mentioned he was running low, so I stop and grabbed a pack on my weekly trip to the grocery store. When I drop it on the counter, he says, "Oh, you've joined the hoarders now?"

I did buy six gallons of Blue Bell ice cream, but that happens to be his one addiction in life, and they were on sale. His annual vacation trip with his brothers was cancelled, so I bought it to cheer him up.

We tried to order blue bell through walmart pickup and it was all out
P.U.T.U
AG
All the FFLs around me got shut down yesterday, there goes that lower that was supposed to come in. Oh well it will wait a few more months.
Slamn Sharpe
I gotta unicorn in my bag.

[url=https://ibb.co/PtbKMJY][/url]
harge57
AG
I ran by academy to grab some Jigs before heading to the lake yesterday, and there was a line of people waiting for it to open and didn't know why. I had no idea I should have grabbed the ammo too... jk I don't need any more ammo.
lp01
AG
Same limit at Academy in San Antonio too. Had to drop by a couple to top off the supply. Online sources look low as well.
dr_boogs
AG
I was there 2 weeks ago mid day to get some fishing mono and some 7.62 x 39. There was no 9mm ammo other than some HD stuff, and that was 2 weeks ago. Imagine it's gotten a lot worse since then.
cupofjoe04
AG
All academy's are doing this. I'm in the parking lot of the Huntsville one right now. Just got my 3 boxes, and my wife is running in to get "her" 3 boxes, in exchange for a quiet solo trip to Target next door.
Slamn Sharpe
dr_boogs said:

I was there 2 weeks ago mid day to get some fishing mono and some 7.62 x 39. There was no 9mm ammo other than some HD stuff, and that was 2 weeks ago. Imagine it's gotten a lot worse since then.

Yes, the shelves were almost completely empty. There was some .22 ammo, and the expensive stuff like 300 win mag Precision to name some of what I saw. Oh, and some Hornady Match in 6.5 CM
SACR
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

I'm standing outside the Academy in College Station and bought what looks like the last 3 boxes of 9 mm (200 count) on the shelf. I'm wondering if they're placing more out as the shelf goes empty?

Thanks for the laugh
Slamn Sharpe
Unicorn or just don't believe me?
SACR
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Oh, I believe you. Just the thought that people are now hoarding Blue Bell warms my heart. It's a sign we're still civilized.

ETA: my original reply was to your post about Walmart being out of Blue Bell, just realized I must have clicked the wrong reply.
JonSnow
Currently have @
500 rounds 556
500 rounds 9mm
1000 rounds 22lr
500 rounds of 380.
That is my baseline. Anything more seems excessive to me. As I shoot I refill my stocks when prices are cheap.
Slamn Sharpe
SACR said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Oh, I believe you. Just the thought that people are now hoarding Blue Bell warms my heart. It's a sign we're still civilized.

ETA: my original reply was to your post about Walmart being out of Blue Bell, just realized I must have clicked the wrong reply.

Ah!

Yeah, I brought up stocking up on beer and blue bell to the wife a few days ago but Blue Bell is definitely out of the question . Good call on your part
1990AG
AG
Sitting on 1000 each 556&9MM

But we're in GA so that should be plenty

zooguy96
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
RCR06
AG
zooguy96 said:

JonSnow said:

Currently have @
500 rounds 556
500 rounds 9mm
1000 rounds 22lr
500 rounds of 380.
That is my baseline. Anything more seems excessive to me. As I shoot I refill my stocks when prices are cheap.

Nothing is excessive when it comes to more guns and more ammo. The more, the merrier.

And 1000 rounds of .22 LR is really low. You could get a box of 500 (before this crap) for $15 or so.

This thought is brought to light by the current Corona virus stuff. Does anyone think they have enough toilet paper, food, etc?
Yes, I am fine and as soon as other people realize this no one will be worried. I went to the grocery store earlier and got everything I needed and there was plenty more. Based on past incidents I already have ammo and guns.
CactusThomas
AG
Toilet paper? Lol. I have a swimming pool, I don't need to stockpile toilet paper.
Slamn Sharpe
CactusThomas said:

Toilet paper? Lol. I have a swimming pool, I don't need to stockpile toilet paper.

My wife asked me "what's so funny"
I had a hard time reading this to her. Hilarious
SACR
AG
zooguy96 said:

JonSnow said:

Currently have @
500 rounds 556
500 rounds 9mm
1000 rounds 22lr
500 rounds of 380.

Nothing is excessive when it comes to more guns and more ammo. The more, the merrier.

And 1000 rounds of .22 LR is really low. You could get a box of 500 (before this crap) for $15 or so.

This thought is brought to light by the current Corona virus stuff. Does anyone think they have enough toilet paper, food, etc?

Big Ammo has infiltrated the Outdoors board.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
JonSnow said:

Currently have @
500 rounds 556
500 rounds 9mm
1000 rounds 22lr
500 rounds of 380.
jpb1999
AG
JonSnow said:

Currently have @
500 rounds 556
500 rounds 9mm
1000 rounds 22lr
500 rounds of 380.

According to that survival book from the guy that made it through the Bosnia SHTF times, he said minimally you need 2 semi weapons/rifles with 2000 rounds each. Now we are not in that scenario (yet) where there are roving gangs of thieves, etc. but one should be prepared for the worse depending on where you live...
EMY92
AG
CactusThomas said:

O'Doyle Rules
AG
Don't be "that guy" that hoards
ttha_aggie_09
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Don't be "that guy" that hoards
Care to elaborate?

Are you referring to the run on ammo or now or the people, like me, that always have 1,000s of rounds of ammo?
SACR
AG

Went to Academy again today.

Limit is now 5 boxes of ammo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.