Outdoors
Sponsored by

How to preserve Rattlesnake Rattle

21,072 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mwlkr
46CHEVYTRUCK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This past weekend we killed a 4 foot rattlesnake on my porch and I am looking at ways to preserve the rattle. Any suggestions? I'm wanting to make a keychain.
TxSquarebody
I always just cut it off.
HTH
Sazerac
AG
Pack it in salt for awhile
Wodanaz
AG
That thing is gonna get jacked up as a keychain no matter what you do.
PooDoo
AG
https://goneoutdoors.com/dry-rattlesnake-tail-5839732.html
Step 1
Find the piece of the rattlesnake tail that is closest to the rattlesnake's body. Inside this rattle is the "blood rattler" (meat tissue).

Step 2
Cut through the end of the snake's body directly above this rattle using the paring knife. Remove the rattle from the snake's body.

Step 3
Reach inside the rattle using your fingers or tweezers and pull this piece of meat out. If you pull carefully and slowly the meat should come out in one piece.

Step 4
Place the rattle in a warm and dry location until it dries completely. Without the meat inside the rattle, it will dry quickly to produce a rattle that will last indefinitely.
malenurse
AG
PooDoo said:

https://goneoutdoors.com/dry-rattlesnake-tail-5839732.html
Step 1
Find the piece of the rattlesnake tail that is closest to the rattlesnake's body. Inside this rattle is the "blood rattler" (meat tissue).

Step 2
Cut through the end of the snake's body directly above this rattle using the paring knife. Remove the rattle from the snake's body.

Step 3
Reach inside the rattle using your fingers or tweezers and pull this piece of meat out. If you pull carefully and slowly the meat should come out in one piece.

Step 4
Place the rattle in a warm and dry location until it dries completely. Without the meat inside the rattle, it will dry quickly to produce a rattle that will last indefinitely.
Unless you carry it on a keychain in your pocket on a daily basis
46CHEVYTRUCK
PooDoo awesome thanks!!!
mwlkr
AG
Acrylic. Last forever.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.