Outdoors
Sponsored by

Buc-ee's Fire Pit?

55,100 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cbr
fooz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any reason not to pull the trigger on the fire pit that Buc-ee's sells? Any other suggestions?

This is the one I'm looking at.

tmaggies
AG
I have had that exact one last three years.....very satisfied!
aTm2004
AG
See if you can negotiate a package of Beaver Nuggets or something with it.
fooz
aTm2004 said:

See if you can negotiate a package of Beaver Nuggets or something with it.

Challenge accepted!
Breggy Popup
AG
tmaggies said:

I have had that exact one last three years.....very satisfied!

Same here though I have had mine two years and needs to get after it on rust removal ana a new coat of paint.
TXAGFAN
AG
Take a look at Solo stoves. If you don't need something as rugged they are fantastic. Easy to move, nice finish, etc,
fooz
TXAGFAN said:

Take a look at Solo stoves. If you don't need something as rugged they are fantastic. Easy to move, nice finish, etc,

That looks pretty cool. The wifey would like that up near the house. The other I'm getting for about 100 yards away where I can burn all kinds of sh/t in it.
skelso
AG
OP, if you are near BCS check with Boss Game systems. Can likely get the same design for less money.
cbminers
AG
https://wilkesbadasspits.com/fire-pits.html
AnScAggie
AG
fooz said:

TXAGFAN said:

That looks pretty cool. The wifey would like that up near the house. The other I'm getting for about 100 yards away where I can burn all kinds of sh/t in it.

A burn barrel (aka 50 gallon drum) is a whole lot cheaper.
fooz
I went with the Solo Stove Bonfire. (she won this battle for now since we can use it by the house)

I'm going to pick up the one from Buc-ee's in a month or so after I get part of the acreage cleared.
TXAGFAN
AG
AnScAggie said:

fooz said:

TXAGFAN said:

A burn barrel (aka 50 gallon drum) is a whole lot cheaper.
Yeah, but looks like hell, doesn't store/move easily, etc. For me at the lake the Solo stove was a no brainer.
AgEng06
AG
cbminers said:

https://wilkesbadasspits.com/fire-pits.html
I've got a Wilke's and it's great, but I'm going to wager they're significantly more expensive than the Buc-ee's one.

STL_aTm
AG
fooz said:

Any reason not to pull the trigger on the fire pit that Buc-ee's sells? Any other suggestions?

How much are these running?
hbc07
AG
$375 i think
fooz
STL_aTm said:

fooz said:

How much are these running?

$399 in Melissa.

RGRAg1/75
AG

Anyone know where you can get some aTm pre-fabbed pieces like the ones used on this pit?
CrawfordAg
AG
Bet this guy out of Pipe Creek can help you out. It appears he already has some adorning a uterus.

http://www.mattsbbqpits.com/fire-pits.html
Gigemags05
AG
Most local hs Ag shops can build you a custom pit for cost of material. I'd throw a few bucks to their booster club for a job well done.
F4GIB71
Gigemags05 said:

Most local hs Ag shops can build you a custom pit for cost of material. I'd throw a few bucks to their booster club for a job well done.
I've been judging Ag Mechanics in San Antonio for 13 years and was on the Committee in Houston even longer. This is a good source, particularly if they have a good Ag Mech program. Most schools focus on animals and may be weak on Ag Mech. (Some schools build better projects than are available commercially, but that tends to be on the focus and dedication of the teacher.) Of course we are talking a fire pit. SA and Comal County (others too) allow BBQ pits, Fire pits, etc. but Houston does not. (They are too limited on space to allow these types of projects). Call around to your local HS and see if they are looking for projects. If you have ideas that you'd like to incorporate (metal thickness, slope to a drain to prevent rust, ornamental design if they have plasma cutter), this can help the kid separate himself from the others, if you will let him show it. The timing is right because the local Ag Mech shows are after first of the year.
cbr
AG
I bought one 8 years ago. Still going strong
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.