Outdoors
Sponsored by

Blanco river fishing report

3,644 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Drip99
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't find my thread where I asked for some advice on fishing the Blanco river. Wanted to report back. Was a great trip.

I spent a day on the pedernales, fishing the park, and then a morning fishing the Blanco river, wading wet. We were staying in a house on Cypress Creek, so also fished that stretch of the creek.

Goot hits on Texas rigged trick worms in all three areas, but Perdenales was the slowest. Probably had the most pressure. It hailed on me for a few minutes, and that seemed to really slow down the fish.

Best bite was on minnows hooked through the mouth and presented like a trick worm. I caught the minnows in a simple Mason jar with a wire funnel to make a trap. a local gave it to me and I baited with oatmeal.

Was a great trip.

No one yelled at me for Trespassing, but I didn't see many people either.
JosephMarcus
nice! thanks for the report. I'm heading to the Pedernales pretty soon in search of some cats!
BusterAg
AG
You might really consider that minnow trap. Academy sells a plastic one that is similar to the one I had with the mason jar.

Just make sure that the opening is facing downstream, the minnows will swim upstream into the trap.
SanAntoneAg
AG
We use to go to Pedernales Falls SP, seine minnows, then proceed to catch white bass, catfish, gaspergou and spotted gar in the big pool below the falls.

Good memories.
JosephMarcus
SanAntoneAg said:

We use to go to Pedernales Falls SP, seine minnows, then proceed to catch white bass, catfish, gaspergou and spotted gar in the big pool below the falls.

Good memories.
planning on bringing some worms and trying that spot also!
STX Ag
AG
We were there last weekend as well and some others in our group def got a stern talking to about "walking in someone's else part of the river".

Such Bull*****
Stat Monitor Repairman
This also works in a pinch.

rather be fishing
AG
The locals certainly have done everything possible to keep anyone else from enjoying their river.

Pretty much have to park in town and ride a bicycle down.
BusterAg
AG
STX Ag said:

We were there last weekend as well and some others in our group def got a stern talking to about "walking in someone's else part of the river".

Such Bull*****

I went early in the morning with the intent to stop fishing and keep walking without saying a word if someone bothered me. No one did.
BusterAg
AG
In wimberley. Had my wife drop me off at hidden valley road, fished up to cypress creek, then hiked back down to 12 and short hike to town. Was sunup when I started, close to noon when I got to town.
Drip99
AG
The pedernales seems to have slowed quite a bit since the floods. Check out the central Texas kayak fishing page on Facebook. Those guys routinely catch 6-8 lb bass out of the guad around the kerrville area and its also some of the most scenic river areas you will see in Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.