Outdoors
Sponsored by

FS: WWI Trench Maces

4,609 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Justified
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bought more than I wanted from an auction in Italy. Shipping arms from Europe is brutal so its better to pack a box full when possible. Just trying to recoup some of my shipping cost. The two on the left are for sale. The club style- $500 in College Station. Spring shaft is an excellent example of a rare item. Still has the leather wrist strap- $850 in College Station. Will ship for $25. Open to interesting trades. PM her or email toledo321 at aol.com. Links to IMA sales of similar items.

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-austro-hungarian-wwi-trench-raiding-mace?variant=19525607456837
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-austro-hungarian-wwi-spring-handle-trench-raiding-club?variant=18700929237061

Stive
AG
I'm not interested in either of the items but just feel the need to say.......

Dang that would have been a brutal way to go.
JosephMarcus
free ttt because someone is going to get some sweet toys for their fetish room!
drummer0415
AG
Too close for guns, switching to "beat the **** out of the dude right here in my face" stick.
Swarely
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Jesus. As if my perception of the sheer brutality of that war couldn't go any further......
AnScAggie
AG
I'm really not sure if I'd rather get hit with the spring thing or the spiky thing.
AgBQ-00
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Jesus. As if my perception of the sheer brutality of that war couldn't go any further......

I was thinking the same thing. That was one conglomerated mess of tactics of a war. Freaking brutal
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
AgBQ-00
AG
What's the story of the saber in the background of the close up picture
Naveronski
AG
AnScAggie said:

I'm really not sure if I'd rather get hit with the spring thing or the spiky thing.

Depending on your budget, you can probably get hit by both.
BrazosDog02
AG
JosephMarcus said:

free ttt because someone is going to get some sweet toys for their fetish room!

I dunno man. I'm down with the spring job, but that one with the spikes.....safe word is NOPE for that one.
Aggietaco
AG
What kind of certificate of authenticity do you get with those?
fire09
AG
Have you considered donating to a museum?
FSGuide
The springy looking one is very similar to the sticks that German police carried when I was stationed there in early 90's.
Mas89
AG
So I guess with the new Texas law allowing clubs to be legal on Sept 1, these would be legal to carry and possess?

I bet the one with a spring takes the vibration off the hand of the user.
cbr
AG
Gas em
Burn em
Mow em down with machine guns
Lob artillery at them all day
Whack their heads off with shovels
Stab em
Beat em
Lets invent tanks!

Tough freaking war man.
Comeby!
AG
The spike one would not be practical unless hitting him in the head. Hitting in a meaty place might cause it to get stuck.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
cbr said:

Gas em
Burn em
Mow em down with machine guns
Lob artillery at them all day
Whack their heads off with shovels
Stab em
Beat em
Lets invent tanks!

Tough freaking war man.

Don't forget strafed and bombed by airplanes in war for the forest time ever.
Stive
AG
And if none of that killed you, the disease and trench foot were glad to step in.
dr_boogs
AG
If you're looking for a great WWI book check out The Great War by Peter Hart. Also storm of steel is a good one by Junger.
CS78
Comeby! said:

The spike one would not be practical unless hitting him in the head. Hitting in a meaty place might cause it to get stuck.
True but history is filled with weapons that were more effective psychologically than practically. Both for the user and the receiver. When your bolt action ran dry what would you prefer these guys be rushing you with? A simple club or something more gnarly that might get stuck in a meaty place?

DevilYack
AG
Y'all should listen to Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon podcast series. He paints a vivid picture of the horrors of the western front. These things fit right in.
JSKolache
AG
fire09 said:

Have you considered donating to a museum?
Is that you, Indiana?
dr_boogs
AG
DevilYack said:

Y'all should listen to Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon podcast series. He paints a vivid picture of the horrors of the western front. These things fit right in.

Carlin is outstanding. If you enjoyed that series check out his 4 part series on the Eastern Front in WWII - Ghosts of the Ostfront.
CS78
AgBQ-00 said:

What's the story of the saber in the background of the close up picture
Its a 16th C. German war rapier. Blade possibly 15th C. Basically the day to day carry rapier style spilled over to the battlefield at the time. Traditional style but a long broad blade meant for battle. Heavy quillons and guard. Large heavy pommel to balance. Borderline large enough to be used as a hand a half sword.

It was the item I was after in the auction. The auction company did a terrible job with pictures and it was in rough enough shape that I could actually afford it. The trench maces turned in to lagniappe once I had it.

Potcake
AG
Watched this on a plane a couple of weeks ago. As inferior of a man I feel compared to WWII soldiers, the WWI trench warfare solidified it. Damn.
CS78
Potcake said:

Watched this on a plane a couple of weeks ago. As inferior of a man I feel compared to WWII soldiers, the WWI trench warfare solidified it. Damn.

Forgot all about it without seeing it. Any idea where/if it can be found online?
Yesterday
AG
CS78 said:

Potcake said:

Forgot all about it without seeing it. Any idea where/if it can be found online?

Prime Video has it for rent.
Potcake
AG
Entertainment board thread
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3001291/2#discussion

Several mentions that it's available on Amazon Prime.
AgBQ-00
AG
I thought it looked like a rapier. But the heavy blade made me question that. Very interesting stuff.
Justified
Suddenlink VOD has it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.