Outdoors
Sponsored by

Aerobic Septic System Maintenance Contract - Denton County

3,572 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, this is our first septic system, and our initial 2yrs contract is up and needs renewal. Is taking the class and doing it yourself really worth it? The letter I got from Denton County says that only one company has petitioned them and been approved to offer the class. No idea how much that will cost.

Looks like I can pay Denton Septic $200/yr to just have it all done.

https://www.dentoncoseptic.com/maintenance/#premiumplan01

Is that way more than I should pay and justify taking the class?
GSS
Such a scam the lobbyists got passed on aerobic system "maintenance" plans. Most are just monitoring and reporting plans, zero maintenance (repairs extra $$). Basic maintenance (air pump, if present, chlorine add, spray heads operable) require minimal knowledge and "training".
NRA Life
TSRA Life
AggieGunslinger
AG
If it was my residence I would take the class. I have contracts on my rental houses just because it is cheap insurance and I don't want to have to deal with checking them.

I am in East TX.
sunchaser
AG
Not worth the $300 I pay, for me to do it and I live in Denton Cty.. When I have an alarm...I call. I don't pay for service calls. They keep up with pump warranties. The only thing I do is replace a spray head if I see a problem.
Maverick06
AG
Denton County resident here. I took the class and do my own. Be warned that the one approved company that does the training will come to your house to inspect you system prior to getting the certificate. He's a licensed installer and uses the visit to talk down on other installers in the area. He failed my system and wouldn't approve me until I paid to have the system fixed. Kind of a conflict of interest.

Edit. I didn't pay him to fix it. I went and found someone else.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Found a couple of places that charge $100/yr to do the service contract. Sort of thinking less than $10/month is worth not jacking with it?
Maverick06
AG
Send me the names. I'm tired of messing with it personally. Might make a change.
schmellba99
AG
$200/year is a good price, I pay 2x that south of Houston. I'm sure the classes aren't anything difficult, but that would be another quarterly item on my list I just don't want to mess with.

The only good benefit is that like Sunchaser said - I don't get charged service calls the 1 or 2 times a year I call the plumbing company for something because of my contract.
schmellba99
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Found a couple of places that charge $100/yr to do the service contract. Sort of thinking less than $10/month is worth not jacking with it?
I would sign up for a multi year contract, paid up front if i could find it for $100/year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.