Outdoors
Sponsored by

S.Texas Dove Hunt

1,714 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cledus6150
cledus6150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok so I know a lot of people are always looking to go on a good dove hunt. I just talked to my outfitter Leighton Chambers and he said his fields are loaded and to come on down. So I am heading south Friday morning to hunt with him just outside of knippa. I will be hunting both Friday and Saturday, all are welcome to join, just comment and I will pass his contact information along.

My dad and me during the special white wing hunt.

A bachelor party all but two people got there limit in this group ( first time dove hunters), we hunted two days and everyone got there limit the second day.

Aggieangler93
AG
I've hunted the split with Leighton many years off and on, as my schedule would allow, and I've always been amazed by the amount of birds and lack of hunting pressure. This is a great hunt to get your kids out on, as there are tons of birds to shoot at, if they are not that great of a shot yet. I would strongly recommend it.

On a side note, My son and I, have shared a pop-up space that cledus6150 and his Dad so graciously offered us one day, when we were in the field with lots of rain in the area. Great fellas and we are still thankful for some shelter that day.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
cledus6150
AG
That was a gully washer that came through for sure, we always felt bad about leaving yall under the canopy and us taking shelter in the truck. But it is always good to meet other OB people out on good hunts. I cut my teeth dove hunting with Leighton over twenty years ago and can count on one hand how many times I have not gotten my limit.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
would like info on outfitter

Thanks
Col. A 1976
mneisch
AG
Man that's an ugly group of guys!
AgsMnn
AG
Doves are loaded in DeWitt right now.
cledus6150
AG
Southwest Hunting Service
Leighton Chamber : (210) 414-1711
southernskies
But how much monies?
cledus6150
AG
His rate is $125/day
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.