Outdoors
Sponsored by

Identify wasp?

2,981 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Illustrious Potentate
Tamu2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got stung on inside of the foot by one of these, pain was next level. This was well over an hour ago and I am still having waves of INTENSE stabbing pain at sting location that happen all of a sudden, last about a second and cause my whole body to involuntarily contract when it hits me, happening a couple to a few times times a minute

Any idea what it is? Im out in the country without good service and havent been able to match it up to anything? Durat
Tamu2000
AG
Shelton98
AG
Looks like a guinea wasp to me.
RED AG 98
AG
Cicada wasp I believe. Been pretty bad this year.
Madman
AG

What about this one?
wreckt01
Looks like a red paper wasp to me, but I'm no expert.
carodz
AG
Polistes annularis, a type of paper wasp.
ironmanag
AG
Tamu2000 said:

Got stung on inside of the foot by one of these, pain was next level. This was well over an hour ago and I am still having waves of INTENSE stabbing pain at sting location that happen all of a sudden, last about a second and cause my whole body to involuntarily contract when it hits me, happening a couple to a few times times a minute

Any idea what it is? Im out in the country without good service and havent been able to match it up to anything? Durat

If it is just a paper wasp you should 't be reacting like that. Be sure you are not alone and monitor your breathing.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
OnlyForNow
AG
It's just a common paper wasp.

They come in red and black and all red typically.

2nd the above poster who said monitor your heart rate and stuff.
Bird Poo
AG
Yeah that's not normal at all. If it gets worse take your ass to the doctor.
dr_boogs
AG
Not a Cicada Killer. Red paper wasp.

Do you have access to Benadry tablets? Take a max dose. And some ibuprofen. And get your foot and the sting elevated and wrapped in ice. Ice it for 15-20 minutes an hour for a few hours then a few times the rest of the day. Ice is good for pin and swelling, which are both bringing you a world of hurt right now.

No ice? Stick it in your yeti/RTIC.
aggiedent
AG
Now doc, you're suppose to ask if he has any allergies before giving medication advice.
AgsMnn
AG
Looks like one that would still be able to chase me out of a deer stand 10ft in up. Kicking and swatting the whole way down.
Oyster DuPree
AG
This wasp, I believe is called the Bumble-Bee and it's sting is the pits
Badace52
AG
That's a pretty intense reaction to a plain old red wasp sting. They are way more painful than the yellow and black/brown paper wasps, but not generally responsible for involuntary spasms. Definitely take some benadryl and if you get short of breath or wheezy or get very lightheaded and nausea/vomiting you may want to call EMS.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TX AG 88
AG
So OP? You okay?
Cromagnum
AG
Put damp chewing tobacco on site of sting.
The Fife
AgsMnn said:

Looks like one that would still be able to chase me out of a deer stand 10ft in up. Kicking and swatting the whole way down.
I encountered a couple of those SOBs up in the attic while running wire. No plywood to stand on... just me trying to kill them while not falling through the ceiling joists. When I got stung at first I thought I grabbed a live wire.
Al Bula
AG
The Fife said:

AgsMnn said:

I encountered a couple of those SOBs up in the attic while running wire. No plywood to stand on... just me trying to kill them while not falling through the ceiling joists. When I got stung at first I thought I grabbed a live wire.
this! One got me on the hand while I was sweeping leaves and I thought my broom had become electrified.
AsburyAg
AG
It's a guinea wasp.

You are right. Those suckers hurt!
Illustrious Potentate
AG
So, did OP survive?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.