Outdoors
Sponsored by

Mole National Park and northern Ghana

679 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DayAg!
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I went with my wife and a U of Utah Medical/Global Health team to Ghana last month and after two weeks going to villages (they did research and some treatment) in the rain forest, the team was scheduled for a break at the Zaina Lodge and wildlife safari-style sojourns in Mole National Park. The wildlife are protected (unfortunately that also includes the thieving, conniving, obnoxious baboons. I thought the OB might enjoy some of our photos, especially the amazing sunsets.

Kintampo Falls on the road from Kumasi to Mole Park

The Volta River, which along with reservoirs, supplies much of the electricity for Ghana and its neighbors

The infinity pool at the Zaina lodge overlooking the West African savanna at night. You can swim there if you don't mind dodging very large bats and insects hungry for type O positive blood.

Fiery sunset captured on a late afternoon safari.

Some very laid back elephants who know that with the armed rangers around, they don't need to fear people.

Criminal baboon: two years ago, one such critter bounded onto a terrace and stole a whole summer sausage from one of our docs, never slowing down despite his attempts to bean the critter with a can of beer.

Yet another beautiful African sunset.
CanyonAg77
AG
Nice, thanks for sharing
DayAg!
S
I hate baboons. Nice pics though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.