Outdoors
Sponsored by

AR pistol parts list

1,665 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Fishin Texas Aggie 05
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anything blatant that im missing. Will probably get everything together over 6-8 months and have a gunsmith out it together. Any critiques or observations?

Lachette
AG
I'm not sure what you're intentions are for this build, it does seem like alot for an AR pistol.

But I just bought these 2 just for the grin factor at the range.
Oh and I still need to find the loudest comp i can get my hands on.... fireballs abound!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-complete-moe-ept-sob-pistol-lower-receiver-black-516447200.html
https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/upper-assemblies/pistol-upper-assembly-7-5-1-7-twist-free-float-stainless-steel

I just just just the BCG and change handle from one of my other rifles.

Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I guess i want the just 1 AR pistol with the most premium of components that will be a truck / deer stand gun. i will be putting a 1.5-5 leupold on it and use this for 100 yards and under stuff
DatTallArchitect
AG
I don't see a LPK. I see that you're buying a lot of stuff that are a part of a LPK, but there's still springs, depends, etc that you will need.

Also, take a look at getting the K2+ grip instead of the MOE+ grip. With the slightly shortened stock, it feels better to me. Great looking parts list!

ETA: look at the FailZero BCG from Righttobear.com or the Toolcraft BCGs on WCArmory. They will cost a fraction of what you are listing.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Once I get everything together I'll know what I'm missing. Good call on the other BCG's I'll check them out
dodger02
AG
I'll never tell another man how to spend his money. But, $1,800 for an AR pistol is crazy...and I love AR pistols.
YellowPot_97
AG
Palmetto complete pistol lower $130
Palmetto 10.5" upper with BCG $270

Total $400
Mr. Dubi
YellowPot_97 said:

Palmetto 10.5" upper with BCG $170

Total $400
I'm no accountant, but doesn't that add up to $300?
Rexter
Mr. Dubi said:

YellowPot_97 said:

Total $400

New math
YellowPot_97
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

YellowPot_97 said:

Total $400

Lol. I got the smartz.

Upper should be $270
Duncan Idaho
My question would be why not put it together yourself?

It ain't nothing to be scared of.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
Rexter said:

Mr. Dubi said:

YellowPot_97 said:

Total $400

New math

Common core.
DatTallArchitect
AG
dodger02 said:

I'll never tell another man how to spend his money. But, $1,800 for an AR pistol is crazy...and I love AR pistols.
It looks like he is trying to make it as light as possible. There's a lot of lightweight parts in that list.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

Anything blatant that im missing. Will probably get everything together over 6-8 months and have a gunsmith out it together. Any critiques or observations?

Very nice build list.

First, is there a specific reason you want to spend $330 on a noveske barrel? They are good, don't get me wrong, but performance wise, I'd bet you'd see about the same performance out of something like a Ballistic Advantage barrel. In fact, good chance the BA barrel may be a bit more accurate since the Noveske is chrome lined. Durability wise, you have a barrel that will run half the price of the Noveske so that negates a lot of the benefits of chrome lined for me, unless you want to be doing a lot of rapid firing...

Which leads me to if you do want to rapid fire a lot, you may want go ahead and spring for a binary trigger.

Bolt carrier... if wanting Nibor, I'd look at Fail Zero, generally a bit cheaper than $175

Bolt catch... just personal preference here, if wanting something kickass, I'd look at the Geissele Maritime bolt catch. You may still want the PDQ but that Maritime sure is nice... except if you're like dattallarkie and wanting me to put it on one of our uppers and pissing me off in the process.

Also, and, if spending $70ish on the buffer and spring, hopefully DTA will see this and respond with the buffer system he put in. It was very similar to the JP silent system and significantly cheaper. I liked it.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Also, and, if spending $70ish on the buffer and spring, hopefully DTA will see this and respond with the buffer system he put in. It was very similar to the JP silent system and significantly cheaper. I liked it.

That would be the Armaspec Stealth Buffer System. I believe I paid $75 for the one I have in my Grendel. It is the H2 buffer weight version, and I think the regular carbine weight one is a little cheaper than that.

ETA: link
https://palmettostatearmory.com/armaspec-stealth-recoil-spring-srs-carbine.html
jabberwalkie09
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

TheEyeGuy said:

That would be the Armaspec Silent Buffer System. I believe I paid $75 for the one I have in my Grendel. It is the H2 buffer weight version, and I think the regular carbine weight one is a little cheaper than that.

I want to say that Geissele's Super 42 is around the same price point (Geissele sale is on, and I think Brownells has similar pricing.
reddog90
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

At first glance, I'd personally change to a Geissele maritime, Geissele SCH, Radian ambi safety, and drop the larue/kns combo for a Geissele trigger of your choice. You could also save quite a bit of money getting a barrel from Ballistic Advantage.
DatTallArchitect
AG
If you haven't bought everything yet, here's a couple of parts that I love...

I have that same safety (BAD-CASS) on my Grendel and really like it. However, I put Elftmann's safety on my pistol and love it! It's so much quicker and easier to turn the safety on and off with.
http://www.primaryarms.com/ELF-SAFETY-B

For the take-down/pivot pins, check out the ones by KE Arms. I have both these and the ones by Battle Arms Defense on two different builds. Couldn't say which one I like better. The Battle Arms look a little better to me, but the KE Arms ones are cheaper.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/ke-arms-enhanced-take-down-pins.html
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Ok guys here is the good news bad news

1) all gun/boat/fun projects are put on a midterm to long term hiatus. (Bad news)

2) I will be getting a son some time next year(good news)

Maybe by the time I'm ready to buy Trump will disband the ATF or at least get rid of the silly SBR laws
BenderRodriguez
AG
Congrats!

My son was born just a couple weeks ago.

Now you'll have a range buddy in the future....looks like you need to build two ARs when he's old enough.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I have a pretttty nice 16in gun. I also have 5 year identical twin girls

So I guess I'll have a pistol, a 16in gun, and maybe a .300blk of sorts:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.