Outdoors
Sponsored by

Wood Fun

3,398 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JeremiahJohnson
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got the call that the huge pecan from this thread I milled up earlier this year is dry and leveled and ready for pickup, so I am stoked about that.

Other than that, some christmas stuff fun:

Playing with inlays to see if I can get halfway decent. this is rosewood in zebrawood, trimmed in ebony and curly maple on the bases:

Also some laser engraving projects:

I also made some and left spaces for name carving:

This one I sold to an aggie and gave the proceeds to Agcrock2005 to help a fellow Ag out after his brain surgery. Hopefully his newborn is letting him get some good sleep and back on his feet:

I also finished a big oak table and got that delivered. This thing was too freaking heavy. 2"+ thick and 100" long by 40-45" wide:

Apparently lazy susans are popular this christmas (and other gifts):

I have about 5 humidors/jewelry boxes in progress just to finish up. Some cool veneers: koa, quilted apa, zebrawood, tamo ash, rosewood, cocobolo, imbuya and some others I have been playing with. I have some ideas on box styles and graphics I want to do that I will see If I can make look half decent. One cool one I want to do is a box with reeds/grass on the sides and sihlouettes of flaring ducks on the top. I think that could be a cool montage of using all 4 sides and the top to make an overall themed style box.

Next up are some honey-do projects, a home bar for tx4guns, and a big mesquite dining table along with a mesquite desk for myself to replace my 10 year old 90$ ikea desk, a few pistol display cases etc...etc...
Ducks4brkfast
AG
A home bar?!
LRHF
AG
Great looking table! When oil gets to $100/bbl again we can talk about a custom fly tying bench!
Oruc Reis
AG
Gon' be a while
lotsofhp
AG
Beautiful work. You're clearly an excellent craftsman.

That table it beautiful
agrams
AG
ducks: a sapele frame with koa inlays.

I don't have it in the model because we haven't finalized hardware, but it will have a foot rail.
agrams
AG
finally got the inside of some humidors/watch boxes finished:

The duck pattern I played around with, finished as a humidor with a lock on it.

Walnut burl, with cedar trays/felt lining and watch pillows... I really need to find some maroon watch pillows...

A mesquite burl I veneered up and made. The top symbol was the owners last initial/graphic he uses for his business.

and a pecan stump bowl that made me nervous as hell about flying apart. The pictures dont give it much scale, but it is 14" wide... so pretty big with a big crack...

tx4guns
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

A home bar?!
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Those are works of art.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Etsy the best way to see and purchase?
shalackin
AG
I have two pecans on the ground at our farm like that. Don't know what to do with them. Cut some firewood from them this weekend. Measures the trunk at in between 7 and 8 foot circumference.
agrams
AG
I sent you a PM.
driver9050
You have a great talent. Wish I had time and space to work on a project like these.
I-Haul
AG
Just sent you an email, agrams.
agrams
AG
I got your email and sent a reply.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Wow these are very impressive....Great work!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.