Outdoors
Sponsored by

Randy Lemmon Fall Three Step Question

13,464 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Towns03
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fertilizer - Nitro-Phos Fall Special 8-12-16
Herbicide - Nitro-Phos Barricade
Fungicide - Nitro-Phos Total Brown Patch Control PCNB or Eagle??

Does fungicide come first, and do I only use it if I see brown circular areas? If so, should I use PCNB or Eagle?
If I use a fungicide, do I wait any amount of time before proceeding to fertilizer or pre-emergent?
Can I broadcast the fertilizer and per-emergent on the same day?
Is the yard safe for pets at all times during all of this?

Thanks for the help.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Do them all the same day, then water it in. I would use the pcnb on St Augustine. Don't just treat infected areas, treat the entire yard. After everything is watered in and the grass is dried it is safe for pets.
The Original AG 76
AG
Ive heard this question on Randy's show . His answer is that it doesn't hurt anything to put em all out at the same time. Just water the stuff in well, or hope for a nice rain soon after.
reddog90
AG
Thanks. I'll mow and apply all three this weekend and water it in. Will the yard be safe for chickens? I have some laying hens that I let out in my yard a few times a week. They eat more grass than the dogs and I eat their eggs.
realtalk123
AG
Where can I buy Total Brown Patch control in Houston? Also, is it what I need? I have a whopper of a brown patch area shaped roughly like North Korea in my backyard. I know nothing about brown patch (right now).
Ducks4brkfast
AG
reddog90 said:

Fertilizer - Nitro-Phos Fall Special 8-12-16
Herbicide - Nitro-Phos Barricade
Fungicide - Nitro-Phos Total Brown Patch Control PCNB or Eagle??

Does fungicide come first, and do I only use it if I see brown circular areas? If so, should I use PCNB or Eagle?
If I use a fungicide, do I wait any amount of time before proceeding to fertilizer or pre-emergent?
Can I broadcast the fertilizer and per-emergent on the same day?
Is the yard safe for pets at all times during all of this?

Thanks for the help.
Where can I buy that stuff?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
reddog90 said:

Thanks. I'll mow and apply all three this weekend and water it in. Will the yard be safe for chickens? I have some laying hens that I let out in my yard a few times a week. They eat more grass than the dogs and I eat their eggs.

The only concern might be the pcnb, check its label and see what it says about grazing.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ace Hardware
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Troutslime said:

Ace Hardware

Holy hell prepare your anus if you've got a large yard
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Work on zoysia grass too?
Towns03
AG
reddog90 said:

I don't know for sure, but I understand herbicide is really bad for developing (human) babies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.