Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texian August Thread 2.0 - Grab bags are back and cheaper!

13,942 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Ok, so this is going to be a quick one. I have five grab bags completed or nearly completed (will be finished today/tomorrow). With our lower costs on products coming in... we have these cheap. I won't have that many to sell at this price BUT I do have a few at $475! If these sell out quickly, we'll see how fast and how many more we can do but there won't be a ton at this price.

These are all rifles in 5.56. Handguards are going to vary on what you get but they are guaranteed to be free float and barrels are all ballistic advantage. GREAT rifles for the price! All uppers are made by aero and most of the lowers are made by aero.

http://texianfirearms.com/catalog_detail.php?product_id=347218

Also, the dove hunt is going to be postponed until next year. Shawn and I have talked about it extensively and due to the schedule, timeframe, etc, I think this year is probably not the best year to try to start it. He is directly going to be helping me set up the "weekend camp" that we have been talking about doing. That being said, he does have some dove hunt availability on that weekend that we were originally looking at doing it, so if you want to hunt, give him a call.

Also, couple status updates... barrel group buy is still on until the end of next week. We haven't had many jump on it yet, but it's a pretty good price on everything.

Costas... we're just in wait mode on our account. We should have it approved shortly and they'll ship the product. Working on it!

Bug-a-salts... called and checked on it this morning. They told me to expect them in next week. I'll check in with them again Tues to see where we are with it.

And I forgot to add the biggie.... Who wants a grendel? I have three that are nearly finished. We're using aero precision upper/lower/handguard sets that have been done in woodlands camo. Aero 15" keymod handguard, Magpul MOE+ grip and ACS stock in ODG. Odin works 20" barrels/bcgs as well. These are looking SICK! I'll be putting them up here very shortly for $1099 though if you want to get them before I post them on the site, give us a call... 832-770-9358
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, on the used guns... didn't have much movement on it so going to be posting most on gunbroker. There will be a reserve but it'll be fairly low. I'll post links up here as I get them on the site. If there haven't been any bids, you can still get these without the gunbroker side of things but once they are bid on, they have to stay there.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Last thing... this time of year is pretty freaking slow in the gun world... anyone have any outside the box thinking on a group buy? The costas were a hit and would definitely like to try to get something similar running to help out the income for the month.
How much is that RPK that you have in stock? Also, remind me of the details on it. Thanks!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I can do it for $999. Had it at $1099 an ready to see it go.

Century Arms C39 milled frame.
CharlieBrown17
mneisch
AG
Buying in bulk can you get dove loads for a good price? I'd think there would be a good market for that right now.
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Last thing... this time of year is pretty freaking slow in the gun world... anyone have any outside the box thinking on a group buy? The costas were a hit and would definitely like to try to get something similar running to help out the income for the month.
Do you mean something not related to shooting sports?
trip
AG
Do you have just the grendel upper posted in th OP? If so, how much?
Boats and Hose
AG
Not sure how many people would be in the market but given that dove and duck seasons are right around the corner, any thoughts to a shotgun deal?
jabberwalkie09
AG
trip said:

Do you have just the grendel upper posted in th OP? If so, how much?
The Grendel hunter builds are being sold as complete sets to my knowledge because the lower, upper, and hand guard are a woodland camo cerakote and all match up when mated together in pattern. The other half of the issue here is that the Odin Works barrels we are using in these builds are three of six we've had on order.... They're also the only three our distributor got in, and we got them all.

As to build price for a comparable upper in 6.5 Grendel, give EyeGuy a call in the store tomorrow and he could run through that with you.
Agmechanic
AG
Kershaw knives group buy
jabberwalkie09
AG
Boats and Hose said:

Not sure how many people would be in the market but given that dove and duck seasons are right around the corner, any thoughts to a shotgun deal?
There's a black 870 Express in the store right now if you're interested (not the 870 tactical in this month's 1.0 thread). I can't remember the price off hand right now, but call us tomorrow and ask EyeGuy about it.
Bert315
AG
I am looking at picking up a shotgun in September. Looking at either an over under (CZ) or an A300.
Oruc Reis
AG
What's the best ballistic advantage discount again? If I want to eventually make a suppressed 300 sbr, what barrel length is recommended?
Boats and Hose
AG
Thanks but I'm looking for a semi
jabberwalkie09
AG
Oruc Reis said:

What's the best ballistic advantage discount again? If I want to eventually make a suppressed 300 sbr, what barrel length is recommended?
It's 30% off MSRP based on this month's 1.0 thread. And there's a discussion on that topic in the linked thread for length, but my inclination is going to be either 9 or 10.5 inches (if I'm remembering right).
CharlieBrown17
AG
Pretty sure it's 8" or 9".

10.5 is usually the 5.56 rec.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Boats and Hose said:

Thanks but I'm looking for a semi
No worries, we have a Vepr 12 and a Mossberg 930 (think it's the tactical) but those are probably not quite what you're looking for. With that said, call in to the store or drop me at line at jonathan@texianfirearms.com and I can talk to EyeGuy and see what we can do.
Oruc Reis
AG
I've seen most state 9" all power is burned, but if running suppressed I kinda want a little extra room to not foul up the can. Does that sound reasonable or dumb?

Jabberwalkie/eyeguy- is BABL300007P available?
jabberwalkie09
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Pretty sure it's 8" or 9".

10.5 is usually the 5.56 rec.
Powder is burnt by 8" iirc, so 9" would be fine most likely.
Boats and Hose
AG
Will do! Looking more for a new duck gun. Leaning towards the A300. I'll get in touch soon.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Oruc Reis said:

I've seen most state 9" all power is burned, but if running suppressed I kinda want a little extra room to not foul up the can. Does that sound reasonable or dumb?

Jabberwalkie/eyeguy- is BABL300007P available?
I can't really give an answer on that, so I'll have to defer to EyeGuy on that one regarding fouling. As to availability, I think EyeGuy mentioned that if they're not in stock, he can back order them and then will ship them when they're in (assuming they're being shipped and not locally picked up).

Just when I looked at it, it said it was in stock but I can't say that will necessarily be the case when we place the order. Which is why I said if it isn't, he can back order product and then ship it once it comes in.
CTGilley
AG
I still like the idea of sights and/or triggers for shields.
GE
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Group buy:
- Benchmade knives
- Flashlights of some sort
BigHead 04
AG
GE said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Group buy:
- Benchmade knives
- Flashlights of some sort

Agree with both of these
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
If enough want to do benchmade knives, I'll hit them up. I was tentatively planning on doing it for shot show, but if enough people are in now, we can do it.

Flashlights... let's talk about that... we talking lower priced ones or are you guys wanting something along the lines of surefire?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Do you mean something not related to shooting sports?
Can be... or shooting related is fine but we'll definitely have a yearly sunglass summer buy now so having something a little different to do in the late summer would be cool too. At the end of the day, yes, we're a gun store BUT we're also a retail store. So, if I had x number of people wanting to get something a bit different (costas, bug a salts, etc) I can make that happen. As long as I can make a little something off of it, I just want something to help fill the dead spaces during the summer months.

Speaking of shotguns.... there's always benelli. If you want something that I will be willing to really cut prices on in regards to markup, that one is the biggie. #2 would be nightforce. However, we're talking 20 units of either one and with two attempts at nightforce so far, still haven't been able to get there.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
mneisch said:

Buying in bulk can you get dove loads for a good price? I'd think there would be a good market for that right now.
I would have thought so but I can't find any good deals this year.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, APEX will probably be the first thread for next month.
Aggieangler93
AG
The A300 is a great gun, if you are thinking of one. I got a deal on a camo one before last dove season, and it was great. Super smooth action like the AL391 etc.

If they made it in 20 ga, I would have one for my 14yo also. If we get a deal going on them, I may pick up another one anyway. I love mine!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
BigHead 04
AG
Re: lights, I'm looking for something to replace my surefure g2x I left in a tipi in New Braunfels. I would really like a rechargeable to avoid buying more batteries.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheVarian
AG
Could we do WML's?
Mdub00
AG
edit below....
Mdub00
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Also, APEX will probably be the first thread for next month.
I'm ready for this, hope to have it in with some trigger time behind it for the WTF biathlon on Oct 21.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.