Outdoors
Sponsored by

BCS Dove Lease Found

3,311 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by skelso
CTGilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found a season dove lease close to Mumford. It is 350 acres with a mix of plowed fields, and brush/trees on the Brazos River. Currently, soybeans are in the fields and sunflowers and millet plated in areas. He is selling a total of 10 season passes for $300 each. Also doing a few day hunts out there. Hunting is weekends only and the weekend starts Friday evening.

Kids 15 and under are free and some preferred rates for guest.

I have a buddy I believe is getting on with me and it would be nice to fill the other spots with fellow Ags. He promised to give me a couple weeks to try and fill the spots before shopping it around.

PM or E-Mail me if you are interested and I will put you in contact.

CTGilley10 at gmail

I will try to post an map of the place later.
AgLA06
AG
CTGilley said:

I found a season dove lease close to Mumford. It is 350 acres with a mix of plowed fields, and brush/trees on the Brazos River. Currently, soybeans are in the fields and sunflowers and millet plated in areas. He is selling a total of 10 season passes for $300 each. Also doing a few day hunts out there. Hunting is weekends only and the weekend starts Friday evening.

Kids 15 and under are free and some preferred rates for guest.

I have a buddy I believe is getting on with me and it would be nice to fill the other spots with fellow Ags. He promised to give me a couple weeks to try and fill the spots before shopping it around.

PM or E-Mail me if you are interested and I will put you in contact.

CTGilley10 at gmail

I will try to post an map of the place later.

I imagine most people that might be interested would want this defined. When, where, how many people, etc.
PFG
AG
Yep. If I paid for a "season pass" only to have trucks filled with day hunters show up...I'd be not happy unless I knew exactly what the day hunt intentions were.
CS78
Dear lord, please do not let the cancer known as hunting leases spread across the Brazos Valley.

Believe it or not, finding a place to dove hunt on the Brazos has historically been pretty easy. The hunting sucks just enough that nobody has ever cared enough to mess with leasing and the drama that comes with it.
CTGilley
AG
Good point. I was told 30 hunters max. The place could easily hold that. I am expecting game weekends to be the more "crowded" times?
PANHANDLE10
Well you were smart to not post the name or the contact info. 150 people have already viewed it. You may underestimate how many people are looking for something like this. I would never tell a soul and hope for the best.

And for your sake, don't post the map. Just don't. I'm sure this guy doesn't want all of the OB looking for his place on Google Earth.

And when I say looking for it on Google Earth, what I mean is finding it within 60 seconds. The OB has a rare set of skills.
AgLA06
AG
CTGilley said:

Good point. I was told 30 hunters max. The place could easily hold that. I am expecting game weekends to be the more "crowded" times?
per week, per day, per season?

Do they get preference on location over lease members? Do they get to hunt the better hunting week days while the lease members only get to hunt the weekends.

You might want to get all this in writing in the contract.
GSS
The way doves can succumb to pressure, day hunts could be a real deal breaker. Other than opening day/weekend, leasers tend to show up more randomly. And to compound the issue, the last two seasons has had a major shortage of birds in this part of central Texas.

Weekday hunts not allowed is also a mixed bag...missed opportunities, but a few days of rest for the birds (assuming weekdays are not when the "day hunts" occur).
NRA Life
TSRA Life
CTGilley
AG
Ok, I knew it would but, I can see this getting out of hand quickly. I am not the leaser so if you are interested and have serious questions message me and I will put you in contact.

I was told no day hunts would be sold opening day and no one would hunt during the week to give the place a rest.

I have seen the place and believe it is a good deal. The season last year was tough most places last year but to have a place to go each weekend is worth it. IMO

(AgLA I didn't not mean to put that as a direct reply.)

Edit. Day not weekend
agfan2013
AG
A few thoughts:

As has been said, define what "some day hunters" mean. 350 acres is a decent chunk of land, but if the 10 season pass guys and 30 day hunters show up, thats gonna be a little crowded especially if all 350 acres arent huntable.

Hunting on the Brazos here in the bottom has been tough the last two years. We had some good years before that, just a few years ago we had some days where you could limit out in less than 30 minutes if it was the right spot, but the last two years have been very slow. Temper your expectations some. Although I really am hoping its a good year this year.

Agree that you dont want to share anything publicly here, let people email you and sort that way. Dont want the landowner getting people knocking down his door because OB creepers found his info out. You are talking about a highly desirable place to hunt especially with people coming in for football weekends and at what sounds like a reasonable price.
skelso
AG
I knew I better make some popcorn as soon as I read the title and saw who posted it, given that I had just shown the property to him this past weekend. The OB did not let me down

To clear any confusion, I am the outfitter offering the hunts. I am not a business sponsor of Texags so I don't want to post all the details and turn this into an advertisement but I will say y'all all have valid concerns. I have been in this business a few years and think I have done a pretty good job of thinking through most of the concerns before hand. In fact, I let my previous property go because I could not get total control of it and therefore could not manage pressure on the birds, which is huge with dove.

If you have interest, reach out to the OP. If he can't answer your questions, he can forward to me and I'll get them answered.

CTGilley
AG

Not sure how to size but the red is the property boundary.
TexasAggie_02
AG
agfan2013 said:

Agree that you dont want to share anything publicly here, let people email you and sort that way. Dont want the landowner getting people knocking down his door because OB creepers found his info out.
too late

Edit: that place was incredibly easy to find
TexasAggie_02
AG
CTGilley said:

Not sure how to size but the red is the property boundary.
what you posted (in red) is roughly 336 acres
skelso
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Edit: that place was incredibly easy to find

Yet I guarantee more than a few will call me at 5am opening day because they cant find it...

Everytime I have to find it on a map for someone, I scroll the river and look for the sand bar in the bend.
CTGilley
AG
ttt
CTGilley
AG
1/2 Full

*Bump*
skelso
AG
I've had several people e-mail or call me stating they saw the info on Texags and were sending a deposit. We are getting close to sold out on season passes and day hunts for opening weekend are starting to fill up as well. I don't want to give up someone's spot due to a miscommunication, but due to the limiting of spots, I can't consider a spot sold until I receive the funds.

Here's who I have for Texags, unfortunately, I didn't think to ask for people's handles on Texags so I have to use the initials for your real name:

CTGilley - Season Pass - Paid
BS - Season Pass - Pending funds
CK - Season Pass - Pending Funds
Queso1 - Season Pass - Pending funds
TP - Sat Sept 2 - 1 spot w/ son - Pending funds

If your name is on the list as "pending funds", i will hold your spot until Friday 8/4 and then I will open it up for sale if I have not received your payment.

If you believe you should be on the list but are not, please get with me.

If you are looking for a place in the BCS area and want to take a look first, please contact me and we can arrange a time for a tour. We are 30 minutes from Kyle field so we are close enough to squeeze in a hunt, even on a game weekend.

DBill
AG
skelso said:

We are getting close to sold out on season passes and day hunts for opening weekend are starting to fill up as well.

I thought there was no day hunts on opening weekend per the OP a few post above.
CTGilley
AG
I misunderstood I was told opening day not weekend. Earlier posts edited for my misunderstanding. I apologize.
CharlieBrown17
AG
What are the day hunts running? I really miss dove hunting but I'm not sure I want to put 300 down for the season.
skelso
AG
Thanks for pointing that out, I had not noticed it until now. The OP was incorrect. There are no day hunts / guests opening day. We are selling day hunts opening weekend.

I'm more than happy to email a lease agreement to anyone who's interested so they can review it for themselves. All you have to do is ask.
skelso
AG
$75 per person per day opening weekend.
$50 per person per day rest of season.

- any weekend except opening weekend.
$75 per person for Friday evening / Saturday
$100 per person for Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday

1 child (with youth license) may hunt free per paid adult - subject to availability of spots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.