Outdoors
Sponsored by

Johnny Bucket Jr.

1,897 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by yaterag
khkman22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have experience with a Johnny Bucket Jr. or know somebody that has one? It would be nice to have a small lift bucket for small jobs around the house for my John Deere mower. Don't have the need for the 1023/1025 sized tractor, so looking for something that will make various projects a lot easier and quicker.

Just curious if they work as advertised and are good quality and long lasting, along with any other pros/cons you know of.
yaterag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've had a jb jr. for a couple of years on my x500. I've had great luck with it and it is solidly built. Just be aware of the limitations going in. It won't replace a front end loader for big tasks but it will make your life easier completing small jobs.

Once you do the initial install the bucket is super easy to take on and off. It takes me 60-90 seconds to attach it detach it. I leave mine off most of the time but you can leave it on if you want. I just prefer the added maneuverability when mowing.

It has a lifting capacity somewhere around 250 lbs, but it can be loaded heavier once the bucket is up. I routinely load mine with 400ish pounds when hauling concrete or other sack material. Make sure you have extra weight on the rear and upgrade to all terrain rear tires if you still have turf ones on your mower.

I'd recommend adding the forks to your purchase. They are probably the biggest reason I use my bucket. With the I haul cut limbs, brush, etc. I also use them to haul 2x4's, rolls of wire, etc.

I also have the digging teeth but I rarely use them. If you had super soft soil you might be able to dig effectively but with my rocky ground I can't use it to dig. I do however use it to break of packed gravel when grading a small access road.

Overall I have been super happy with my jbjr and it has saved me a ton of back breaking work. There are definitely times I wish I had a 1 or 2 series fel, but this gets the job done 99% of the time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.