Outdoors
Sponsored by

LA Fishing License

1,910 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txaggiefarmer05
BCOBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going fishing in LA next weekend. We are doing one day of on-shore and one day of off-shore.

Do I need to buy the $60 NR Fish Season or can I get away with the $30 NR Salt Fish Season or even better could I just buy some day passes?

TIA!

NR Fish Season
$60.00

NR Salt Fish Season
$30.00

NR Fish Trip - 1 Day
Quantity:Qty 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
$5.00

NR Salt Trip - 1 Day
Quantity:Qty 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
$17.50

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Fishing with a guide?

If so, they have a three day license you can buy for like $25-30
BCOBQ98
AG
Looks like I need both. will likely buy a 2 day fishing and 2 day salt for $45 total

Fishing In Saltwater

Title 56, Section 302.1.C.(1) requires that all recreational anglers fishing south of the "saltwater

line" (see page 16) for saltwater species have in their possession a Louisiana saltwater

angler's license IN ADDITION TO a basic Louisiana fishing license EXCEPT those persons

otherwise exempted. All regulations apply regardless of where the fish is taken.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
You need a code from the guide to get the guide rate.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Not for the charter license
Finn Maccumhail
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

Looks like I need both. will likely buy a 2 day fishing and 2 day salt for $45 total

Fishing In Saltwater

Title 56, Section 302.1.C.(1) requires that all recreational anglers fishing south of the "saltwater

line" (see page 16) for saltwater species have in their possession a Louisiana saltwater

angler's license IN ADDITION TO a basic Louisiana fishing license EXCEPT those persons

otherwise exempted. All regulations apply regardless of where the fish is taken.

Nope. Not what you need. I look up the specific thing when I'm at my desk and not waiting for this train to pass but the license you need is only like $15.

It's a 3-day NR saltwater only license specific for folks in charter trips. I do that a couple times a year. I'm almost to the point where I just need to buy the annual NR license.
BCOBQ98
AG
I've not been on this trip before but here is what the organizer of the trip just told me.

"I don't know any of the guides. The guides are hired thru the sports lodge. we have always paid the $90."

Guys I'm going with don't worry about money but to me 45$ is 45$ but I want to be compliant with the law. TIA for any help Finn....
BCOBQ98
AG
Here is the page. I'm wondering if the people we are going out with are licensed or what. Would rather be safe than sorry.

https://www.la.wildlifelicense.com/ALS/licCtrl.php

TEXAG1996
AG
It's $10 for 3 days if the guide is in the boat with you at all times or $30 for 3 days if the guide is not in the boat but you are under his direction. It is very easy to buy them online. I went 3 weeks ago and bought the $10 one.

Look it up here:
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/fishing
Finn Maccumhail
AG
TEXAG1996 said:

It's $10 for 3 days if the guide is in the boat with you at all times or $30 for 3 days if the guide is not in the boat but you are under his direction. It is very easy to buy them online. I went 3 weeks ago and bought the $10 one.

Look it up here:
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/fishing

I've always used the $10 one because we're never out of the boat. People don't wade much in LA. This is what every guide I've fished with has told me to get.

The thing that always bugs me is that there's no definition anywhere in their regulations to differentiate between a "charter passenger" and "non-resident charter skiff"- what's the difference between the two? The only thing I can think of is a trip out the the Chandeleurs or something where you motherboat out there and the guides put you in your own skiff to run around the islands.
Sgt. Hartman
AG
Does anybody know if I need both licenses to fish Toledo Bend?
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Sgt. Hartman said:

Does anybody know if I need both licenses to fish Toledo Bend?

Just need one state license on TB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.