Outdoors
Sponsored by

I HATE ATF MATH!!!!

15,155 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggietaco
AgySkeet06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just have to rant because I really want my can!!!

Background...
Purchased M4 2000 AAC Can in June from Gun Corp (dont get me on that rant yet...)
I have a "Pending" status date from the ATF of June 27, 2016

I called ATF-NFA branch the first week of February just to see if I could figure out where things stood. This is when I got the pending date info. Lady I talked to said things were taking 8 months and it should be approved by the end of the month. She was really nice about it.

So fast forwarding to today, sitting at lunch I was thinking about my can and how Monday will be February 27 and theoretically 8 months and I should call on Monday to check the status again. Well i got impatient and figured what are they going to tell me on monday that they cant tell me today (NFA doesnt work weekends right?). So I call and get a guy and he sounds grumpy from the start that I am even calling to check the status. Give him the info on the purchase and he tell me its still pending from the June 27 date. I ask him politely if he thought it might be approved soon and he goes "Sir approvals are taking 8 months, check back the end of March when its been 8 months". I say ok cause I can hear the frustration in his voice and hang up.

BUT THE END OF MARCH IS 9 MONTHS!!!!! I COULD HAVE BIRTHED MY OWN CAN IN THAT TIME!!!

ok rant over, Happy Freakin Friday Guys (and possible 1 or 2 gals)

AgEng06
AG
AgySkeet06 said:

I COULD HAVE BIRTHED MY OWN CAN IN THAT TIME!!!

I had no idea, Skeet...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
AgySkeet06 said:

Just have to rant because I really want my can!!!

Background...
Purchased M4 2000 AAC Can in June from Gun Corp (dont get me on that rant yet...)
I have a "Pending" status date from the ATF of June 27, 2016

I called ATF-NFA branch the first week of February just to see if I could figure out where things stood. This is when I got the pending date info. Lady I talked to said things were taking 8 months and it should be approved by the end of the month. She was really nice about it.

So fast forwarding to today, sitting at lunch I was thinking about my can and how Monday will be February 27 and theoretically 8 months and I should call on Monday to check the status again. Well i got impatient and figured what are they going to tell me on monday that they cant tell me today (NFA doesnt work weekends right?). So I call and get a guy and he sounds grumpy from the start that I am even calling to check the status. Give him the info on the purchase and he tell me its still pending from the June 27 date. I ask him politely if he thought it might be approved soon and he goes "Sir approvals are taking 8 months, check back the end of March when its been 8 months". I say ok cause I can hear the frustration in his voice and hang up.

BUT THE END OF MARCH IS 9 MONTHS!!!!! I COULD HAVE BIRTHED MY OWN CAN IN THAT TIME!!!

ok rant over, Happy Freakin Friday Guys (and possible 1 or 2 gals)

How much you charge for suppressors? We can work out a deal.
tlfw378
AgySkeet06
AG
Looks like I better get to work conceiving a suppressor then...
txyaloo
AG
The customer service people have no idea how long a transfer is going to take. They can give you the pending date, but after that, any info is either a guess or a lie.
87IE
AG
txyaloo said:

The customer service people have no idea how long a transfer is going to take. They can give you the pending date, but after that, any info is either a guess or a lie.
Bingo

I called on my can and was told it's pending and expected to take 6 months (this was back when it was a 4-6 month wait and I called around month 50). That same week I got a call from the store telling me my tax stamp had arrived.

edit because I didn't hit shift 0
CS78
I wouldn't get too antsy. I've got a pile of pending form 4s from May.

Do you have any plan in place for how to get your can from gun corps? They have one of mine paid for and submitted in June. Wondering if I'll ever see it again.
FirefightAg
AG
87IE said:

txyaloo said:

Bingo

I called on my can and was told it's pending and expected to take 6 months (this was back when it was a 4-6 month wait and I called around month 50. That same week I got a call from the store telling me my tax stamp had arrived.

I couldn't wait 4 years
87IE
AG
good catch.....
AgySkeet06
AG
CS78 said:

I wouldn't get too antsy. I've got a pile of pending form 4s from May.

Do you have any plan in place for how to get your can from gun corps? They have one of mine paid for and submitted in June. Wondering if I'll ever see it again.
Thats more of the reason I have been calling and monitoring my status with NFA. Once they tell me its approved then I can go on a man hunt for Gun Corp.

I contacted them right after the first of the year (January 4) and I have a name and cell phone number they gave me to follow up with. So once I have the word from NFA they will be my next series of calls
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm waiting on the Hearing Protection Act to pass.
big ben
AG
And this is another reason why I have no need, want or desire for one.
txyaloo
AG
big ben said:

Your loss. The tax/wait is worth it. Sit in the corner and pout while all the cool kids are out having fun with their toys.
AggieJason
AG
txyaloo said:

big ben said:

Your loss. The tax/wait is worth it. Sit in the corner and pout while all the cool kids are out having fun with their toys.
You mean "have fun at the range while the crybabies are worrying about their expensive, unnecessary add-ons" ?
SharkinAg
AG
I love my suppressors. But I love them for hunting. If I was just shooting at the range I wouldn't be as crazy about them. For those of you who think otherwise, shoot a suppressed subsonic Bolt action 300 blk. You will giggle like school girls.
Mr. Dubi
For what it''s worth, once my last stamp was approved it took almost five weeks for the dealer to get the stamp in the mail.
bedofbrass33
AG
Honestly, suppressors should be OEM equipment on every rifle. Lack of concussion is my favorite thing about suppressors. The blast from even a 308 or AR with a break are really noticeable after shooting your own suppressed gun.

OP, hold onto your butt. I have a buddy that bought a suppressor in Jan 2016 and still doesn't have it in his hands.
schmellba99
AG
AggieJason said:

txyaloo said:

big ben said:

You mean "have fun at the range while the crybabies are worrying about their expensive, unnecessary add-ons" ?

Wait a minute!!!!

You mean i cant shoot my guns without a suppressor? Sonofabeetch, i had no idea. Welp boys, going to put my guns away now I guess, since without a suppressor apparently one cannot use their firearm, at the range or otherwise.

If you dont see a need for one, i get that. Well, not really, but I can go along with it. But to be so obtuse as to act as if they are not just flat great and make shooting immensely more enjoyable is just being silly.
big ben
AG
Sorry for crapping on the thread, I've shot them, yes it's cool, but for my personal use, I do not see the point of going through all the hassle and cost. But that's me, I shouldn't have posted at all.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
You could always be a tobacco farmer ATF agents embezzled from, that the DOJ refused to prosecute...
TheCougarHunter
AG
Once you get it the wait will be worth it I promise you
FiTxAg04
AG
I finally got approval yesterday, 3/2. Check was cashed on 6/13.

Shouldn't be much longer.
The Wonderer
AG
FiTxAg04 said:

I finally got approval yesterday, 3/2. Check was cashed on 6/13.

Shouldn't be much longer.
Damn...I filed the weekend before 41f took effect. Looks like another month or so.
AgySkeet06
AG
Well I called again on Tuesday (2/28) and guy said middle of March....
AgySkeet06
AG
***Update***

So I've been calling once a week to check my status just because of the whole Gun Corp situation and I want to stay on top of things.

I talked to the nicest person I have ever talked to at ATF (her name was Bethany...) . Anyways She told me they have just started looking at applications from the first week of June. She was also able to tell me that my application had not yet been assigned to a reviewer yet. In the event my application is assigned to a reviewer likely 2 weeks to get the approval status. Even though the ATF line voice message says 8 months they are actually at 10 months to an approval/receiving the stamp.
Aggietaco
AG
That's consistent with what Capitol Armory has published on their web site.

Quote:

Currently Receiving Approvals From:
Paper Form 3 12/16/16 - 01/30/17
Paper Form 4 Trust / Corp 02/02/16 - 5/27/16
Paper Form Individual 6/13/16

ATF Approval Dates - Capitol Armory
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
10 months...

At this point, are you better off just waiting/hoping for a change in regulation?
CS78
AgySkeet06 said:

***Update***

...just because of the whole Gun Corp situation and I want to stay on top of things.

Not sure if you saw this but recent filing gives an address to a duplex in Bryan for the Gun Corps owner.

Corporate registration for CRUTCHER CUSTOMS LLC by Joel Crutcher of 1631 Enloe Ct, Bryan, TX filed on Wed, Dec 28th, 2016 with Texas Secretary of State

AgySkeet06
AG
I've seen that. I also have a cell phone and email address.

since they are not a real store anymore, I'm just trying to keep up with my transfer status so I know when to contact him to get my property.
AgTDub
AG
This thread is really depressing for someone who just submitted everything last week....
maverick2076
You're still going to be way ahead of all those people who think they can wait until HPA passes and then walk into a store and buy one the next day.
AgySkeet06
AG
AgTDub said:

This thread is really depressing for someone who just submitted everything last week....
My first can took 11 months. They told me a year when I bought it so the waiting was not so bad because I had a target date in mind to focus on. When I bought this one they told me I should have it by Christmas, then 6 months turned to 8 months, then 8 months now became 10 months. I just hate feeling like they are toying with my suppressed emotions....
45-70Ag
AG
Buddy if mine has one and I'm thinking I'd like to get one on an ar10

I have no idea what the first step in the process is though.
AgTDub
AG
Silencer Shop quoted me 8.5 months but it sounds like that may be a little optimistic.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.